• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent rescue

A.Rescuer

New Kit
I rescued a young Bunny from a layby today, wasn't moving, soaked by rain. Picked her up took her to Vet, Vet said she's healthy, apart from a bruised eye and is in shock ( probably collided with another animal).
Took her home, keeping her warm.
My question: should I take her back to where I found her, or keep her with me?
Any help appreciated muchly.
Regards, Ian H.

If I were you, I would keep it with me. It could be a rabbit abandoned on the street. :| It needs love and care right now. :| I am emotional about these issues. So I used to take care of that rabbit. :| I am very upset in such situations :cry::cry::cry:

If you are able to care after a rabbit, please keep caring. You can refer to this article for the shock situation.

https://bunnylady.com/shock-in-rabbits/

Last edited:
I rescued a young Bunny from a layby today, wasn't moving, soaked by rain. Picked her up took her to Vet, Vet said she's healthy, apart from a bruised eye and is in shock ( probably collided with another animal).
Took her home, keeping her warm.
My question: should I take her back to where I found her, or keep her with me?
Any help appreciated muchly.
Regards, Ian H.

Hey there, is it a wild bunny or a pet?

I'd probably keep her with you as if she's in shock she could just become a meal :(

If she's wild I'm wondering if theres a charity that might be able to advise etc

if it's a pet rabbit, would you consider adopting its. Have you cared for a rabbit before? Do you have experience in this matter? Or do you want advice on diet and care?

If this rabbit is pet and abandoned, I curse the people who did this to that rabbit. I hope the people who leave their animals on the streets will experience the same themselves. I hope those people die living this, experience the same pain and the same evil. Allah damn them. Amin.

As others have posted is this a wild rabbit or domestic? If wild contacting a wildlife charity would be the best place, the rabbit is likely to stay in a state of shock whilst being cared for by humans since they are such delicate prey animals so a wildlife charity will be best suited to its care and release. If domestic, the vets should have checked for a microchip to trace a possible owner so if not chipped I'd recommend calling local vets, putting up posters just incase s/he is an escaped pet, proof of ownership would be required. When I found a loose domestic bun I had multiple people trying to claim him, none got the description right! If domestic she cannot be released as won't survive, if no owner comes forward you could keep her if wanted or contact rabbit rescues. Best of luck :)

Years ago I adopted a young domestic bunny who was abandoned and found by people who took him to a rescue. I also kept a very young wild bunny who my neighbor caught in his garden. She got me hooked on bunnies and had a good life, yet always had her wild side.

I agree that you should take the bunny to a rescue if a wild bunny, and even a domestic bunny unless you are prepared to keep a bunny for many years.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, little Bunny died hours later. I think he/she had a slow brain bleed from the collision.
If she had recovered, I would have put her back where I found her, or looked after her if she had any injury.
I also rescue ex- battery Hens to give them a decent free-range life for their retirement from prison.
Good luck to all you rescuers.

Sorry folks, little Bunny died hours later. I think he/she had a slow brain bleed from the collision.
If she had recovered, I would have put her back where I found her, or looked after her if she had any injury.
I also rescue ex- battery Hens to give them a decent free-range life for their retirement from prison.
Good luck to all you rescuers.

Oh really sorry little bunny didn't make it, at least you tried. Good luck with hens :)

Back