• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding help please

Hi,

Not used this site in a really long time. But would really love some advice.

I have two rabbits that live in the garden Dexter and Doris, we have had Dexter since a baby and originally got doris and her daughter (who sadly died) from someone giving them away free on facebook :evil:. Doris is very shy still we have had her about 4 years

We then got Florence who lives inside at the moment, she is lovely and cuddly. We always planned on having her outside though we just missed having 3 bunnies hopping around the garden.

I have bonded 3 before but that was 2 girls and a boy it was easy.

Unfortunately getting the two girls to bond is not easy :roll: Doris is being very aggressive with Florence. We are taking thing slow in hopes to have Florence in the garden for when the weather warms up.

So far we have had Dexter and Doris in the house a lot and things don't seem to bad mostly because Doris doesn't like being in the house (she did use to be a house bunny, mostly with previous owners). Florence is trying to make friends I think going up to her a lot putting her head down not being aggressive at all, but Doris keeps biting her.

When I put Florence in the garden ( Dexter and Doris have freedom of the whole garden all day everyday, it's a small walled garden) Doris is so aggressive it doesn't slow down then Dexter join in. Things are not settling down. Florence seems traumatised and then is off with us for a couple of days.

I been putting them in each others houses and swapping there litter trays to help them get used to each others smells.

We really need a new hutch so are planning to get one when we finally put them together

Does anyone have any advise or ideas to try?

Florence is a lot bigger then Doris and Dexter

You will need a very neutral, small space. The trio you had before comprised Mum and Daughter which was very different from trying to bond a stranger. Female rabbits are very territorial so that is why your rabbit is being very aggressive in the garden.

Back