• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update Doughnut has arthritis of the spine - laser treatment

She's back at the vets having yet another dental! He's going to file them right down as said this is ridiculous. You're telling me! He may give her a steriod injection too as she hardly ate today and is still losing weight

She's back at the vets having yet another dental! He's going to file them right down as said this is ridiculous. You're telling me! He may give her a steriod injection too as she hardly ate today and is still losing weight

I'm so sorry she needs another dental. Lots of vibes for your precious wee one. She & Rudey can support one another xx

Poor girlie :cry: Did Mark explain why he was considering giving her another steroid injection ? Just wanting to learn from an expert, hence my question ??

Poor girlie :cry: Did Mark explain why he was considering giving her another steroid injection ? Just wanting to learn from an expert, hence my question ??

She hasn't put weight on so wants to stimulate her appetite and also give her a pick me up since she's gone from one thing to another.

She hasn't put weight on so wants to stimulate her appetite and also give her a pick me up since she's gone from one thing to another.

Did he mention giving a Vit B injection as an appetite stimulant ? Soz for all the Qs but I am eager to learn !!

Hi, sorry just seen your thread today. Our Rosie has got arthritis, in January it will be 4 years since she was diagnosed, and she won't be far off 13 then. She's on Loxicom and Ranitidine twice a day, she also has a glucosamine lozenge everyday (the vet told us there was no actual evidence they help, but that she had lots of clients that swore by them). We have put carpet/mats down everywhere in her pen so she doesn't have to hop on hard floors. She is not litter trained anymore, but she doesn't really get wet. Sometimes she lies down and can't get up so we have to help her, often she does look a bit uncomfortable but her appetite is excellent at the moment and she's really full of beans so I don't think she can be.

Let us know how she's doing.

so sorry to hear that Doughnut has to have a another dental, really hope it went well and that she's back home again. Sending lots of vibes for her, and hope she's eating again soon xx

I'm guessing since she's not been eating well there's been nothing to grind down the spurs. Poor love. :(
Hoping her dental and recovery go well and that she'll be feeling more herself very soon. (((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))) for you too, you must be so very worried. :( xxxxx

Got home an hour ago. She had two spurs. He's given her a steriod injection and put some gel on her gums. I've given her her three meds. She's eaten a little bit of mashed pellets and is sleeping on her heat pad. Seeing him next Wednesday.

Hi, sorry just seen your thread today. Our Rosie has got arthritis, in January it will be 4 years since she was diagnosed, and she won't be far off 13 then. She's on Loxicom and Ranitidine twice a day, she also has a glucosamine lozenge everyday (the vet told us there was no actual evidence they help, but that she had lots of clients that swore by them). We have put carpet/mats down everywhere in her pen so she doesn't have to hop on hard floors. She is not litter trained anymore, but she doesn't really get wet. Sometimes she lies down and can't get up so we have to help her, often she does look a bit uncomfortable but her appetite is excellent at the moment and she's really full of beans so I don't think she can be.

Let us know how she's doing.

Thanks for that. Yes doughnut isn't litter trained now but she has no reason to go in them with lots of lovely hay as she's not eating it. Got bags everywhere.

She loves her heat pad. She's on it constantly

I'm so happy to hear Doughnut has conquered another hurdle. I hope she recovers well. I wonder if she is on the same steroid injection Rudey had yesterday. I have everything crossed it works for them both. My vet said she'd have hoped to have seen Rudey perk up by now but it was reasonable to give it a few days

Loads of vibes xx

I'm sure it would be the same injection.

Doughnut for the first time in months has actually stretched out going to sleep with her head on the floor. I can't believe it. The loaf is the best position I got before. She's obviously pain free and dry. Long may it continue. Now to put on weight and eat hay

I'm sure it would be the same injection.

Doughnut for the first time in months has actually stretched out going to sleep with her head on the floor. I can't believe it. The loaf is the best position I got before. She's obviously pain free and dry. Long may it continue. Now to put on weight and eat hay

:love:

Back