• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 pairs?

EyerollChamp

Alpha Buck
Hi! Haven't posted on here in yonks, hope everyone and everybun is good!

So I have a strongly bonded m/f pair and I accidentally fell in love with another m/f bonded pair on a rescue site (oops).

My buns are 100% free range and I'd want the same for the new buns if that happens. I have a large hutch/run setup I could keep them in at first but ideally I'd like to bond them into a group of 4.

Anyone else managed this? Is it very difficult? Xx

hello - not seen you in ages. I hope you're well.

Its possible but I don't know how likely you are to get a positive outcome. Zoobec successfully bonded 2 pairs some time ago & there are others on RU who have quads but you don't hear of them that often. I tried to bond a quad last month - I'll try again. I've always had free ranging house buns & now have an upstairs pair & a downstairs pair. I don't like it. I miss my upstairs bunnies not being at the heart of family life. Good luck in whatever you decide

Here#s my thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?474876-Bonding-Joey-Boo-Mouse-amp-Rudey-an-alternative-methodology

Hi, good to hear from you again :) I hope all's well with you and your little family. I think that tulsi might also have a quad, bonded from two pairs.

Good luck :)

hello - not seen you in ages. I hope you're well.

Its possible but I don't know how likely you are to get a positive outcome. Zoobec successfully bonded 2 pairs some time ago & there are others on RU who have quads but you don't hear of them that often. I tried to bond a quad last month - I'll try again. I've always had free ranging house buns & now have an upstairs pair & a downstairs pair. I don't like it. I miss my upstairs bunnies not being at the heart of family life. Good luck in whatever you decide

Here#s my thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?474876-Bonding-Joey-Boo-Mouse-amp-Rudey-an-alternative-methodology

Hi! Just been through your thread - sounds like an ordeal but well done on your progress so far!

I'm trying to talk myself out of this honestly - but the rescue pair are so adorable and literally a 5 min walk from my house - feels like fate!

I'd hate for one pair to be looked in a pen (albeit a large one) with the other pair hopping around freely and rubbing it in. Not sure what to do tbh.

Hi, good to hear from you again :) I hope all's well with you and your little family. I think that tulsi might also have a quad, bonded from two pairs.

Good luck :)

Hi Omi! :)

We're good thanks, hope you are too.

Thanks, sounds like I'm going to need it!!

Back