Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Ah ****

Thank you tho x

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Can make them very drowsy!

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Can make them very drowsy!
    I know I hate the stuff, my boyfriend took them and I said make sure no Vetergesic

He messaged me saying it's fine they're giving morphine.. And yea.. Here we are

She's also got cisapride which is fine, and they gave her a metacam injection, also fine.

The metacam they've dispensed is the cat and guinea pig one...? And its done on weight... And it's just once a day which I'm not okay with.. So next dose is tomorrow evening... Eh we'll see..

I wish she hadn't been given the Vetergesic, she's literally happily eating veggies.. We weren't at that point yet I don't think... Ah well

Blood glucose level was 6.9

Gunna be a long night I think altho she's come in and started eating more fresh ribwort straight away bless her

Wise Old Thumper

I know I hate the stuff, my boyfriend took them and I said make sure no Vetergesic

He messaged me saying it's fine they're giving morphine.. And yea.. Here we are

She's also got cisapride which is fine, and they gave her a metacam injection, also fine.

The metacam they've dispensed is the cat and guinea pig one...? And its done on weight... And it's just once a day which I'm not okay with.. So next dose is tomorrow evening... Eh we'll see..

I wish she hadn't been given the Vetergesic, she's literally happily eating veggies.. We weren't at that point yet I don't think... Ah well

Blood glucose level was 6.9

Gunna be a long night I think altho she's come in and started eating more fresh ribwort straight away bless her

I think she would have started to have the drowsy effects by now, so lets hope she won't. She shouldn't be in any pain anyway, with Metacam as well Great that she's eating Plantain and veggies.

I hope you manage to get some rest and that you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I think she would have started to have the drowsy effects by now, so lets hope she won't. She shouldn't be in any pain anyway, with Metacam as well Great that she's eating Plantain and veggies.

I hope you manage to get some rest and that you feel better soon.
    Honestly praying she won't, my boyfriend feels so bad, I said not to but I think he's having flash backs to Fleur same thing happened I wasn't there, he was, she was given that then 12 hours later she was gone.. I have said its totally different circumstances though like Fleur had unexplained stasis for a week before.. But I know he's really beating himself up about it

He just went to Co op and tescos and bought all the veggies and herbs possible, she's eating those now, so hopefully it'll be okay - wish I had more fresh ribwort though she loves it and my plants are nearly bald

I hope she is feeling better soon, sending lots of vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I hope she is feeling better soon, sending lots of vibes xx
    Thanks Zoobec xx

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Poor Apricot, I hope she's firing on all cylinders again soon.

I'm surprised they wanted to give her the vetergesic given that she is still eating. To me it sounded as though she just needed a bit of help to stop her gut slowing down further. Having said that, I have found that a few vets seem to be a bit trigger happy with the vetergesic and I've had to dive in front of the syringe a few times! I hope it doesn't affect her too much and she carries on eating.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Poor Apricot, I hope she's firing on all cylinders again soon.

I'm surprised they wanted to give her the vetergesic given that she is still eating. To me it sounded as though she just needed a bit of help to stop her gut slowing down further. Having said that, I have found that a few vets seem to be a bit trigger happy with the vetergesic and I've had to dive in front of the syringe a few times! I hope it doesn't affect her too much and she carries on eating.

Hahah that made me laugh

Exactly my thoughts! I said this to my boyfriend - don't let them give Vetergesic she really doesn't need it... But because they said they were giving her morphine and metacam he was like ah that's fine if I'd been there I'd have said definitely not Vetergesic right? Then been like nooooooo! I think it's definitely good it's an option, but if a bun is eating some stuff and seems okay ish... Knocking them out for 8 hours so they can't eat coz they're so sleepy seems stupid to me

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Hahah that made me laugh

Exactly my thoughts! I said this to my boyfriend - don't let them give Vetergesic she really doesn't need it... But because they said they were giving her morphine and metacam he was like ah that's fine if I'd been there I'd have said definitely not Vetergesic right? Then been like nooooooo! I think it's definitely good it's an option, but if a bun is eating some stuff and seems okay ish... Knocking them out for 8 hours so they can't eat coz they're so sleepy seems stupid to me

Yeah, that's how I view it. A very dozy bun is not going to want to eat, which surely can't be a good thing if their gut has started to slow down. Plus I would be very nervous about syringe feeding a drowsy bun because there might be an increased risk of aspiration.

I hope you're able to get a decent night's sleep and you and Apricot will both be feeling better by the morning.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Yeah, that's how I view it. A very dozy bun is not going to want to eat, which surely can't be a good thing if their gut has started to slow down. Plus I would be very nervous about syringe feeding a drowsy bun because there might be an increased risk of aspiration.

I hope you're able to get a decent night's sleep and you and Apricot will both be feeling better by the morning.

I didn't even think about syringe feeding.. Yikes Idk where my heads at...

She is now very sleepy and won't eat anything perhaps I should get the critical care out but yea it's a worry isn't it