• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis again!

I’m sorry you’ve had to leave the boys at the vet [emoji17] I know from my own experience how hard it is to have to leave them there.

I’ll be thinking of you all today and I really hope you get some positive updates later today xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m normally the string one but I barely made it to the car park before I balled :-( I’m so glad my OH took time off work to meet me there or I think I wouldn’t have done well!

Thank you and thank you so much for your support xx

Loads of love, you're doing the right thing by your buns xx

Thank you. I really appreciate that a lot. I really wasn’t sure when we left him and said to the vet knowing what’s right is so difficult sometimes xx

Firstly I’d like to thank you all for your support through the last few days it really means a lot because I have really struggled.

So my vet nurse friend updated me this afternoon and said he had been doing well and even bounced around in the kennel when he saw her! She was very flattered he remembered her when it’s a different context to being at our house (bunnies are super clever!). She said every time she took a patient back she’d have cuddles with him and Luther and she saw him nibble a few bits too. I got sent a few pictures :)

So I felt a bit less sick after that and felt a slight relax as we thought that might be it when we left him this morning.

The vet called later on and said they’d like to keep him till 8.30pm but he’s doing well and has bubbled some leaves and seems more comfortable than this morning.

So I’m hoping this is him turning a corner finally! I don’t know if he will stay home or have to go back tomorrow I’ll see what the vet says later on.

I knew he had some fight left! <3 or he wanted to spend the day getting nurse cuddles!

(P.s they are in the same kennel it’s a double one with a joining hole....that was my first question lol!)

46aee3b642ffb396291f7b5367bf94d6.jpg

26a6fcb65b778cc7646e31c035b8dde6.jpg

Hugs and more hugs for you x

You are doing the right thing and I am praying for an improvement very soon xx

Thank you, I’m glad people think that because I felt awful this morning and if it was right to do.

Thank you :) I’ve just done an update, it’s seeming to be improving since this morning! Xx

Awww truffle de puffle. How lucky are you to have a vet nurse friend - I needs me one of those!

I am so happy about this good update :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awww truffle de puffle. How lucky are you to have a vet nurse friend - I needs me one of those!

I am so happy about this good update :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yeah we are really fortunate to have a vet and vet nurse friend there (although I’m sure they get a bit miffed at us messaging and needing appointments lol).

Thank you :)
I hope he’s nearly out of the woods

I'm so pleased that he's improved today :D What a relief!

I felt such a weight lift when I got a message about him. But trying to remember it’s not over yet.

Hopefully there will be more good news when we go get them :)

I'm so pleased he's doing so much better today. I've got everything crossed that he continues to do well xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much :)

Me too, I hope he’s at least over the worst now and they get along still when they come home.
The vet lady said whenever she’s gone to get Truffle out Luther is right there with his face going “what you doing with my friend?!” <3 so good sign hopefully too xx

Thank you so much :)

Me too, I hope he’s at least over the worst now and they get along still when they come home.
The vet lady said whenever she’s gone to get Truffle out Luther is right there with his face going “what you doing with my friend?!” <3 so good sign hopefully too xx

So relieved to hear there's been improvement and they lads are coming home! :D

Firstly I’d like to thank you all for your support through the last few days it really means a lot because I have really struggled.

So my vet nurse friend updated me this afternoon and said he had been doing well and even bounced around in the kennel when he saw her! She was very flattered he remembered her when it’s a different context to being at our house (bunnies are super clever!). She said every time she took a patient back she’d have cuddles with him and Luther and she saw him nibble a few bits too. I got sent a few pictures :)

So I felt a bit less sick after that and felt a slight relax as we thought that might be it when we left him this morning.

The vet called later on and said they’d like to keep him till 8.30pm but he’s doing well and has bubbled some leaves and seems more comfortable than this morning.

So I’m hoping this is him turning a corner finally! I don’t know if he will stay home or have to go back tomorrow I’ll see what the vet says later on.

I knew he had some fight left! <3 or he wanted to spend the day getting nurse cuddles!

(P.s they are in the same kennel it’s a double one with a joining hole....that was my first question lol!)

46aee3b642ffb396291f7b5367bf94d6.jpg

26a6fcb65b778cc7646e31c035b8dde6.jpg

What lovely photos :love:

So pleased to hear he is improving.

pleased he is well enough to come home xx

Thank you all for your support on team Truffle :)

So we are home now and had a good chat with our vet friend about it all.

He’s done well today with trying to eat and even eating himself some hay and leaves. He took syringe good really well with the nurses and fluids. The morning vet gave him stronger pain relief as his tummy was sore when palpated but not in any particular area.

Then this evening he had his temperature taken again and it had shot up to 45! So our vet thinks he has an infection that could be the underlying problem or at least why he’s not really responded as he should have. His temperature could have been going up and down and this coincides with his random periods of activity we’ve seen, but because we haven’t taken his temperature it’s gone unnoticed until he’s had it done at intervals all day today, so he’s now also on antibiotics.

He’s home tomorrow unless he won’t eat or his temperature is high again. I have a thermometer so will attempt to take his temperature tomorrow morning (good luck me haha!!).
We got home and he’s been very tranced but I think it might be because he’s super tired! But when I touched his foot or somewhere and brought him back into this world, he’d try a bit of food for me before going back into lala land while chewing....I got him to have a few small thyme twigs and 7 basil leaves and the basil got his nose excited!

So we will see how he get on with a good rest hopefully tonight and see how he is in the morning and start again. I must admit having a potential cause and answer does make me feel a bit better because it’s not this big unknown.

Thanks again for today, everyone on here has really helped me through it! I’m off for a (I think) earned sleep xx

Thank you all for your support on team Truffle :)

So we are home now and had a good chat with our vet friend about it all.

He’s done well today with trying to eat and even eating himself some hay and leaves. He took syringe good really well with the nurses and fluids. The morning vet gave him stronger pain relief as his tummy was sore when palpated but not in any particular area.

Then this evening he had his temperature taken again and it had shot up to 45! So our vet thinks he has an infection that could be the underlying problem or at least why he’s not really responded as he should have. His temperature could have been going up and down and this coincides with his random periods of activity we’ve seen, but because we haven’t taken his temperature it’s gone unnoticed until he’s had it done at intervals all day today, so he’s now also on antibiotics.

He’s home tomorrow unless he won’t eat or his temperature is high again. I have a thermometer so will attempt to take his temperature tomorrow morning (good luck me haha!!).
We got home and he’s been very tranced but I think it might be because he’s super tired! But when I touched his foot or somewhere and brought him back into this world, he’d try a bit of food for me before going back into lala land while chewing....I got him to have a few small thyme twigs and 7 basil leaves and the basil got his nose excited!

So we will see how he get on with a good rest hopefully tonight and see how he is in the morning and start again. I must admit having a potential cause and answer does make me feel a bit better because it’s not this big unknown.

Thanks again for today, everyone on here has really helped me through it! I’m off for a (I think) earned sleep xx

Glad to hear that he has started to eat but sorry to hear he now has a fever. Hope he responds quickly to abx. Has he had any vaccinations recently ?

Topping up the vibes for him xx

Back