• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

10 hours to castration

Sending more vibes for Dillon. I hope the ice pack helps. It might at least make him feel more comfortable. Poor little lad :(

Hoping you get good news for Dillon tomorrow, poor boy, I hope it' turns out to be nothing serious. I know it will be a long night for you . X

Cuthbert (the smaller one of the two) is tucking into his breakfast this morning, the vet is going to ring between 8 and 10am regarding Dillon.

Cuthbert is eating hay and veg but not really drinking (he was on a drip yesterday) and not touching his pellets. I need to give him is pain killer fluids this morning yet but waiting till 9.30am but his output poo's and wee's seems quite minimal - should I be worried or will it just take a little time?

Sending lots more vibes for Dillion. I hope you get a positive update from the vet soon.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Cuthbert not eating pellets. I would also make sure that you rinse the veg in lots of water so that he's getting some fluid that way. I'm sure you will keep a close eye on him regarding his output, but I would think that he will improve during the day especially after having his pain relief.

Cuthbert (the smaller one of the two) is tucking into his breakfast this morning, the vet is going to ring between 8 and 10am regarding Dillon.

Cuthbert is eating hay and veg but not really drinking (he was on a drip yesterday) and not touching his pellets. I need to give him is pain killer fluids this morning yet but waiting till 9.30am but his output poo's and wee's seems quite minimal - should I be worried or will it just take a little time?

Thinking of you all today

If Cuthbert is eating, then that's good. I wouldn't worry about the pellets on this occasion. Sometimes they feel like this when things are different for them - their tastes change. It won't be long term.

News update........

Dillon, has had an uncomfy night at the vets, he has licked his wound which is large, swollen and sore. However the vet is satisfied that the bleeding has stopped and is now just an oozing. He has had anti inflammatory injection, a gut stimulator injection and his pain relief and I can (if all continues as is) pick him up at 2pm - I am concerned that the boys stay together (there is a layer of chicken wire between them)

Cuthbert - just had his pain relief and has a much drier wound this morning. He has had his toast and cabbage and is eating hay like a good boy.

Sounds better news. I bet it does feel sore, poor Dillon. I hope that you can pick him up later today and that they can be re-united. Cuthbert seems to be doing better :D

I'm glad Dillon seems to be doing better, I hope he continues to improve and will soon be home. Topping up the vibes xx

News update........

Dillon, has had an uncomfy night at the vets, he has licked his wound which is large, swollen and sore. However the vet is satisfied that the bleeding has stopped and is now just an oozing. He has had anti inflammatory injection, a gut stimulator injection and his pain relief and I can (if all continues as is) pick him up at 2pm - I am concerned that the boys stay together (there is a layer of chicken wire between them)

Cuthbert - just had his pain relief and has a much drier wound this morning. He has had his toast and cabbage and is eating hay like a good boy.

This is all good! I am sorry though that he's had to go through all of this. I hope the anti-inflammatory will take the pain away and he will begin eating properly x

Back