• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bowing down

glitterdust

Warren Scout
When I am with Jimmy he comes to me and puts his head flat to the floor, he also does this if I go to stroke him.. I am assuming it is a good thing and not a bad thing as he pushes Norah out of the way or nudges my arm if I am petting her and then he lowers his head flat down. I am hoping it is not a sign he is scared but then wouldn't he just stay away from from Me. I'm still learning rabbit language.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

He's saying "Never mind her, I want my head cuddled"'. Definitely not because he's scared of you, so don't worry about that.
You'll often see one rabbit playing the 'groom me' game with his or her companion.

When I am with Jimmy he comes to me and puts his head flat to the floor, he also does this if I go to stroke him.. I am assuming it is a good thing and not a bad thing as he pushes Norah out of the way or nudges my arm if I am petting her and then he lowers his head flat down. I am hoping it is not a sign he is scared but then wouldn't he just stay away from from Me. I'm still learning rabbit language.

Babsie is right :)

Some other info here:

http://language.rabbitspeak.com

http://rabbit.org/interpreting-body-language-and-behavior/

http://rabbitresource.org/care-and-health/behavior/how-to-speak-rabbit/

Is Jimmy feeling a bit better now?

Bless. :love:

Yuki does this to me all the time. Sometimes Niji is cuddled right up beside him, doing the same, and I'm having to multitask. :lol:

Yes he is back to his normal self although he is doing the odd Wee in the corner of the shed. I have the litter tray with litter and then hay on top of the litter, I changed the hay to a different brand and I don't think he likes the feel of it, as he has been sitting beside the litter tray eating it instead of in the litter tray, he really does hate any kind of change. So because he is a mammys boy and i have ordered the kind he knows and loves. I really do love him so much he is my soulbunny. X

Yes he is back to his normal self although he is doing the odd Wee in the corner of the shed. I have the litter tray with litter and then hay on top of the litter, I changed the hay to a different brand and I don't think he likes the feel of it, as he has been sitting beside the litter tray eating it instead of in the litter tray, he really does hate any kind of change. So because he is a mammys boy and i have ordered the kind he knows and loves. I really do love him so much he is my soulbunny. X

Bless :love:

Doughnut often puts her chin to the floor. She loves nose rubs and also loves me giving her lots of kisses from her nose to the top of her fluffy head. After I've done this a few times she still says with her eyes shut and chin on the ground hoping for some more. I always feel mean when I've finished but I could be there all day!!

Back