• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oliver passed away last night.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. I have lost a very precious boy and am finding it difficult to come to terms with .

You gave so much of yourself to each and every one of your babies, Nicky.
I think a piece of your heart has gone up to heaven with the Bead :love:

I was honoured to stand 'alongside' you last night and share your pain.
I am here when you need me xx

Max definitely a large chunk is missing. I don't know how much more my heart can take. I hope my little Bead has found Rosie and is following her like a shadow like he used to.

I will be forever grateful you were able to support and guide me through a very distressing time anx I am sure the Bead would say thanks also. If you ever need me you know where I am also. I will be in touch soon xx

Nicky I'm so sorry to hear your gorgeous little wonderbuns time came :( I know how deeply you loved & cared for him & the pain of his loss will be immense. I'm sorry too I missed this thread . Thinking of you xx

Max definitely a large chunk is missing. I don't know how much more my heart can take. I hope my little Bead has found Rosie and is following her like a shadow like he used to.

I will be forever grateful you were able to support and guide me through a very distressing time anx I am sure the Bead would say thanks also. If you ever need me you know where I am also. I will be in touch soon xx

I just came across this, and thought of you :love:

"It came to me that every time I lose a rabbit they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new rabbit who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart.

If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be rabbit, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."​

~Anon

Thank you for Max that is so lovely, I hope that is true as I do feel them in my heart so much. I spoke to my regular vet today for the first time and she was very shocked to hear about Oliver but agreed with the OOH vet on the diagnosis.

Thank you for Max that is so lovely, I hope that is true as I do feel them in my heart so much. I spoke to my regular vet today for the first time and she was very shocked to hear about Oliver but agreed with the OOH vet on the diagnosis.

I must say that from what you told me at the time of Oliver's situation, a stroke was the first thing that occurred to me (One of mine had a stroke). But I know there can be several other conditions that would mimic it.

You did absolutely the right and only thing you could do.

I hope the 'stuff' has arrived for you :)

Yes my "stuff" has arrived yesterday and yes I got it from the people you said and they sent instructions too so very quick and fast service plus I read up on them and they r top of their field. So started them yesterday.

I'm sorry you had a wee bun that had a stroke too, it's very distressing :(

Yes my "stuff" has arrived yesterday and yes I got it from the people you said and they sent instructions too so very quick and fast service plus I read up on them and they r top of their field. So started them yesterday.

I'm sorry you had a wee bun that had a stroke too, it's very distressing :(

I really hope you feel a bit better soon Nicky.

Heartache and heartbreak are so painful to live with xxx

Back