• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

DEVASTATED advice needed asap

we have made the 7 days yipee. They are now all immune. Another 9 days now to see if any show any symptoms then i will feel in the clear. Every bun is ok. We have been busy yesterday getting downstairs ready to let bleu and bell downstairs again today. They are very happy buns. Been busy today redoing all tiggi's enclosure, laying new lino and repainting a few things. Im going to open the section that separates the top buns so that they have access to all the bottom too. Its sad that its took losing the other 3 for squiggles, willow, pepe and buttons to get all this extra room but at least there is something good coming out of the loss of tiggi, cosmo and darcy. Thankyou for all the thoughts and vibes i think they are working. :love: Back to the set up i go.

we have made the 7 days yipee. They are now all immune. Another 9 days now to see if any show any symptoms then i will feel in the clear. Every bun is ok. We have been busy yesterday getting downstairs ready to let bleu and bell downstairs again today. They are very happy buns. Been busy today redoing all tiggi's enclosure, laying new lino and repainting a few things. Im going to open the section that separates the top buns so that they have access to all the bottom too. Its sad that its took losing the other 3 for squiggles, willow, pepe and buttons to get all this extra room but at least there is something good coming out of the loss of tiggi, cosmo and darcy. Thankyou for all the thoughts and vibes i think they are working. :love: Back to the set up i go.

I'm so relieved for you :love:

I really hope that things continue in 'safe mode' now xx

Fantastic news :D

I hope you feel that now you can at least start to relax a little bit, knowing that they shouldn't now get sick if they come into contact with the virus. Every day that passes is a day safer - as their immunity would already be partially developed if they did come across the virus at some time in the past week. Everything crossed x

i do feel a bit better. Im still watching them all like a hawk, thinking "does she look dazed?" then a minute later they are normal. I will NEVER not get their vaccines on time in future. We now have a rabbit fund that we are saving in all year so when it comes to vaccines next year they will be done straight away. I wont be a bad bun mum again, we have all payed heavily and i wont ever fully get rid of the guilt. A lady who knows my cousin has had her 2 buns die suddenly the other day too, so i guess its definitely spreading in st helens.

Just read through this thread and want to say well done for your quick thinking. It has been a horrible few weeks for you and you must be exhausted. Sending vibes that all bun stay healthy!

Xx

i do feel a bit better. Im still watching them all like a hawk, thinking "does she look dazed?" then a minute later they are normal. I will NEVER not get their vaccines on time in future. We now have a rabbit fund that we are saving in all year so when it comes to vaccines next year they will be done straight away. I wont be a bad bun mum again, we have all payed heavily and i wont ever fully get rid of the guilt. A lady who knows my cousin has had her 2 buns die suddenly the other day too, so i guess its definitely spreading in st helens.

Please don't feel guilty. You've had so much on your plate, and I think you've been amazing the way you've coped with all these unexpected bunnies.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. It's terribly sad about the buns, but the ones that are OK are very lucky to have you.
They really are :D

Please don't feel guilty. You've had so much on your plate, and I think you've been amazing the way you've coped with all these unexpected bunnies.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. It's terribly sad about the buns, but the ones that are OK are very lucky to have you.
They really are :D

This!

I am glad your bunnies are still OK.
It is sad that you had to learn the hard way, yet by sharing your horrific experience others you likely saved others the same fate.
Sending you healing vibes.

all buns are still ok except pepe has got diarrhea. He has had it on and off since stopping the forage and going on to veg. Ive stopped all pellets and veg yesterday on the vets advice and im hoping this stops it. He has always had a sensitive tum. It a good job they are all really good hay eaters or i would be in trouble. I have seemed to spoil them with veg and they have had more carrots that they normally have so im hoping its this. I was really worried again yesterday. He is bright and active in himself and eating plenty of hay though. Thanks again everyone for your continued vibes and kind words.

Back