• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

DEVASTATED advice needed asap

lol.. you lot have made me cry laughing :lol: I got willow ans squiggles on the 30th july 2015. Then in november that year they multiplied to 8, then i rescued pixie and daisy to make 10. The blitzen died and we got blue, then bella to make 11. Then pixie and daisy multiplied to make 16. Now im down to 13. I think they are really gremlins and multiply when they get wet lol..
my user name would look like this willowsquigglespepebuttonsbleubellapixieprinnyechoesmedaisydigbydevon :lol: think its a bit of a mouth full lol..
I really miss going foraging, that was my relaxation time, i am going to be nervous but these buns love their forage and they are not half as excited about veg.

Man I hope your vet offers discounts when you vaccinate/neuter several buns at once! :shock::lol:

only 10 percent off neuters/spays and i always shop around for vaccines. Bella, digby and devon are booked in for next thursday, so it will be 3 down and 4 spays to go. My vet is pretty cheap compared to some. Its £55 for neuters and £75 for spays. She has give me a big bottle of metacam to share between buns so ive already payed for that. Its £165 for the 3 of them.

Belle had been the vets. She has been quiet since getting up and wasnt eating hay or pellets. I managed to get her to eat 2 bramble leaves and she drank some water but i was really worried about her ears being cold and she looking like her tummy bothered her. I lay massaging her tummy and she got up and did mucousy stranded poos. I rang the vet at 1.35 and she said bring her staight in. the vet couldnt feel any blockage or gas ( i couldnt too when i felt) she said she felt pretty empty. Bella wouldnt let her take her temp. She said she has beautiful front teeth ( she even did her a yawn lol) She gave injection of metacam and injection of emeprid and asking if i think sub q fluids would help but bella has been drinking plenty. She has gave me a bottle of emeprid to take home and i already have metacam here aswell. She has done some poo since home but still mucous present.

Poor Bella :( Do you think she could have eaten too much of the hay cube that you posted about? I hope she feels more like eating soon. It's good that she's pooed. Is she moulting?

Its just got me extra worried because the all clear day is tomorrow. She is moulting a little and so is bleu but i have not noticed any poo thats had fur in it. I was just beginning to relax concerning the vhd aswell. She seems more active now than before the vets and ive just cut some vetch ive grown myself to tempt her. Is their anything inperticular that is good to get things moving other than brambles?

Belle had been the vets. She has been quiet since getting up and wasnt eating hay or pellets. I managed to get her to eat 2 bramble leaves and she drank some water but i was really worried about her ears being cold and she looking like her tummy bothered her. I lay massaging her tummy and she got up and did mucousy stranded poos. I rang the vet at 1.35 and she said bring her staight in. the vet couldnt feel any blockage or gas ( i couldnt too when i felt) she said she felt pretty empty. Bella wouldnt let her take her temp. She said she has beautiful front teeth ( she even did her a yawn lol) She gave injection of metacam and injection of emeprid and asking if i think sub q fluids would help but bella has been drinking plenty. She has gave me a bottle of emeprid to take home and i already have metacam here aswell. She has done some poo since home but still mucous present.

Sorry to hear about Bella :(

I think whatever you can get her to eat would be good - fresh wet leafy greens help move things along. I also use strong smelling herbs such as coriander, parsley and dill.

Did she eat the Vetch? I would also consider some tree leaves, such as Hazel, Hawthorn, Willow or Apple/Pear, whatever you can lay your hands on. They are nice and bulky, like Brambles. Plantain, either sort, would also be nice and fibrous.

Hope she improves soon.

Ive picked my lovely growing raspberry and strawberry leaves and she ate them so i ran round to my neighbors who has plantain growing and picked some of that. She left the vetch but is eating the plantain now. She has had a growth spurt to already looked thin aagnd gangly anyway so i will need to help her gain weight once this is sorted. Bleu and bella didnt bother much with the outside of the cubes i got, where as the others literally destroyed it, i would think it was the cubes otherwise. The only thing different diet wise is, they were so used to loads of forage, then they got none and i had to introduce veg, then i gave them forage again while still having veg. I really think its stopping the forage that has depressed her to be honest.

When Persephone verged on stasis, bramble and herb bennet got her eating again. (As did emeprid, metacam, and fruity baby food.) After that she needed a dental though and she is so much better for it.

Your rabbits are really running you through the mill, WS. And my username would be almost as bad if I were to go through my rabbits' names route. Especially as some of them have rather long names. :shock:

Ive picked my lovely growing raspberry and strawberry leaves and she ate them so i ran round to my neighbors who has plantain growing and picked some of that. She left the vetch but is eating the plantain now. She has had a growth spurt to already looked thin aagnd gangly anyway so i will need to help her gain weight once this is sorted. Bleu and bella didnt bother much with the outside of the cubes i got, where as the others literally destroyed it, i would think it was the cubes otherwise. The only thing different diet wise is, they were so used to loads of forage, then they got none and i had to introduce veg, then i gave them forage again while still having veg. I really think its stopping the forage that has depressed her to be honest.

I guess any change in the diet is going throw them a bit. But you really had no choice.

Vibes for Bella. And you :love:

Bella has been eating on her own, not as much and still no pellets, but at least its hay and forage. Her mucous poos have stopped and we are now getting small hard poos. Im encouraging her to drink lots and im on the coffee to keep myself awake. Praying with all my might for my girl to be ok. x

Bella has been eating on her own, not as much and still no pellets, but at least its hay and forage. Her mucous poos have stopped and we are now getting small hard poos. Im encouraging her to drink lots and im on the coffee to keep myself awake. Praying with all my might for my girl to be ok. x

Praying along with you WS xx

i went to bed for a couple of hours at 8am why hubby took over but got back up at 10 to give her her meds, OMG it took us both ages but we managed it. shes ate strawberry leaves and raspberry leaves with no problem, some hay but not a lot and a bit of cabbage. Her poos are small and really hard so i have to get her to drink more. She doesnt take the syringe well at all. She has wanted to go outside so ive let her out for a little while and she is pottering about. Im trying to convince hubby to go foraging on his own because i dont want to leave her. He has just been looking up which trees/plants are helpful for certain ailments so im hoping that gives him a shove. He said he wasnt going foraging again after the VHD.

i went to bed for a couple of hours at 8am why hubby took over but got back up at 10 to give her her meds, OMG it took us both ages but we managed it. shes ate strawberry leaves and raspberry leaves with no problem, some hay but not a lot and a bit of cabbage. Her poos are small and really hard so i have to get her to drink more. She doesnt take the syringe well at all. She has wanted to go outside so ive let her out for a little while and she is pottering about. Im trying to convince hubby to go foraging on his own because i dont want to leave her. He has just been looking up which trees/plants are helpful for certain ailments so im hoping that gives him a shove. He said he wasnt going foraging again after the VHD.

Yes, I know what you mean, but forage is so valuable and helpful, as you know.

I'm sorry you're having such a time with Bella. Can you flavour the water at all - just temporarily? Perhaps a splash of apple juice (I whizz a tiny piece of apple in the blender for the water bowl). Some rabbits like orange juice.

You can also wet/wash any green food she eats. Rose leaves are usually tasty and certainly the petals.

I hope you find stuff she wants to eat. She's not wanting some lovely herbs?

Back