• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it looked up.. but it wasn't | U/D

So sorry, you did your absolute best for Snoopy, and put his needs first, he went surrounded by those he loved, and who loved him. Binky free Snoopy x love to you and Luna xx

he's gone. passed away in my arms within seconds. all throughout today luna didnt leave his side, she even tried to wake him up after he went and tried to keep him warm.

shes clearly so sad.

time will tell.. maybe make her a house bunny. change the downstairs around and allow her all of downstairs to run in all day we're home.

So sorry xx

thank you all ♥♥

im at a loss at what to do with Luna. she's miserable and its breaking my heart even more. i felt guilty for snoopy, not a oh i should have done more but a guilt about him feeling pain. i treat these guys like they're my children, i have a really maternal instinct with them. even my boyfriend told me i treat them like my children, and asked if they could be his too :lol:

she just looks so so sad. i let her out and usually she's non stop running. this time shes out, munches hay, flops beside my bed for half an hour. she is eating, i gave her a strawberry and a woodlands hay cookie. she loves them and its still hay and fiber going in.

right now usually they would just come out in my room. however tomorrow we'll try and rabbit proof, move shoes etc so she may spend all day downstairs with us with plenty of room.

the two of them had 100cm cages. right now the side pieces are removed and separated with a metal panel. what i plan on doing is making one cage her sleeping, food and litter area, and fill the other with toys. i'll push the panel back and get a tunnel so they will be separated by a tunnel which im sure she'll love. just need some time to do it.

is there anything i can do to help luna through with this? she's so sad and i don't know what to do. i feel awful :(

thank you all ♥♥

im at a loss at what to do with Luna. she's miserable and its breaking my heart even more. i felt guilty for snoopy, not a oh i should have done more but a guilt about him feeling pain. i treat these guys like they're my children, i have a really maternal instinct with them. even my boyfriend told me i treat them like my children, and asked if they could be his too :lol:

she just looks so so sad. i let her out and usually she's non stop running. this time shes out, munches hay, flops beside my bed for half an hour. she is eating, i gave her a strawberry and a woodlands hay cookie. she loves them and its still hay and fiber going in.

right now usually they would just come out in my room. however tomorrow we'll try and rabbit proof, move shoes etc so she may spend all day downstairs with us with plenty of room.

the two of them had 100cm cages. right now the side pieces are removed and separated with a metal panel. what i plan on doing is making one cage her sleeping, food and litter area, and fill the other with toys. i'll push the panel back and get a tunnel so they will be separated by a tunnel which im sure she'll love. just need some time to do it.

is there anything i can do to help luna through with this? she's so sad and i don't know what to do. i feel awful :(

You could try giving her some new things to investigate. You dont have to buy new toys, you could give her an empty cereal box, a cardboard tube stuffed with hay with some fresh herbs mixed in.

If you scroll down the page on this link to Tamsin's blog you will see instructions for making a cardboard shreddable mat

http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/

Some apple twigs tied into a bundle and hung from something makes an interesting toy that moves about as Bunny nibbles at it.

Some Rabbits like chasing a football too xx

Last edited:
You did a very selfless thing - putting your bunny's needs first, however hard that was. Thinking of you xxx

thank you all ♥♥

I think she will love your new cage design. it's a shock for her just now, and I guess you just shower her with love and attention, whilst trying to cope with your own grief.

This may help a bit:

https://coloradohrs.org/when-a-rabbit-loses-a-friend/

You could try giving her some new things to investigate. You dont have to buy new toys, you could give her an empty cereal box, a cardboard tube stuffed with hay with some fresh herbs mixed in.

If you scroll down the page on this link to Tamsin's blog you will see instructions for making a cardboard shreddable mat

http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/

Some apple twigs tied into a bundle and hung from something makes an interesting toy that moves about as Bunny nibbles at it.

Some Rabbits like chasing a football too xx

thank you! I will have a look. i just want to make her as happy as i can. i know i can't repair or take it away just like that, but i want to keep her busy and happy. i've had no bunny 500's or binkies today and it makes me quite sad as she's forever being a lunatic! ran into the wall once as she got so excited about a toy :lol: i know our local shoe shop sometimes has a few spare shoe boxes. maybe i can ask for a few and make a toy out of it? i have a few skittles too.. hm.

she never cared for apple twigs :( we have a tree in our back yard. it was always snoopy who was stripping it clean! gonna have to pay for somebody to clip it now!! :roll:

i do have a ball in the house. its a plush one, but i'll give her that and see if she enjoys it and try and find a cheap one tomorrow.

I think she will love your new cage design. it's a shock for her just now, and I guess you just shower her with love and attention, whilst trying to cope with your own grief.

This may help a bit:

https://coloradohrs.org/when-a-rabbit-loses-a-friend/

i do know its a shock, i just hate seeing her so sad :( i want to make sure she is as happy as can be right now. no binkies, no bunny 500's. i've been spoiling her maybe more than i should. she's had some strawberries and half of a munchie stick. the strawberries are tiny though so its not anything bad i suppose. i've managed to bunny proof the living/dining room today so all day she has been down here with us. she keeps coming over to all of us for attention. even my dad - and she never touches him!

she didnt really have that much time with snoopy :( i just couldn't have brought his body home.. i just wanted it over and done with. the longer i keep him, the harder i find it and the worse i become. after he died i held him for ten minutes and she kept licking and nudging him, trying to keep him warm. i felt so bad for her and i had to drag her away as i just couldn't. even the vet ended up crying.

i think she understood he was gone though.. i dont know.

Last edited:
thank you all again ♥ its been so hard. i still called for him when i went in. its going to take a while to adjust.

on a facebook bunny group i am on, i posted about losing him as i often shared snoop's photos. i had somebody say "a rabbits teeth can always be fixed and should not be a reason to end their life" :roll: :roll: :roll: i have so much to say about this i could write a whole book!

i also wanted to share what I have been working on.. my therapist has always suggest i try to draw my feelings or vents. i suppose this is by way of grieving. (may be best to open the image in another tab..)
snoopy_by_katjecodie-db92l7i.png

thank you all again ♥ its been so hard. i still called for him when i went in. its going to take a while to adjust.

on a facebook bunny group i am on, i posted about losing him as i often shared snoop's photos. i had somebody say "a rabbits teeth can always be fixed and should not be a reason to end their life" :roll: :roll: :roll: i have so much to say about this i could write a whole book!

i also wanted to share what I have been working on.. my therapist has always suggest i try to draw my feelings or vents. i suppose this is by way of grieving. (may be best to open the image in another tab..)
snoopy_by_katjecodie-db92l7i.png

Beautiful image, and yes sometimes abbots teeth can be so messed up that the kindest thing to do is help end their suffering,big hugs xxx

Back