• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In a complete mess, re River

Thanks everyone for your wonderful support.

I point blank refuse to keep a single bunny like River outside - imo it is cruel. If she won't bond with another bunny she will have to become a free range house rabbit so she has human company

I've spent most of the day deep cleaning the kennel and getting it ready and picking them up in the morning. Fingers crossed it works!!

Fingers crossed x

Well they are here! Billy is a happy little chap and confident too, he was out and investigating pretty much straight away! I'll get some photos when they've settled in.

BC965E4A-01FB-492E-B8ED-7C51A7D9002A_zpsp3ttjbxb.jpg

He's so tiny!

Completely the opposite of what I would choose :lol: I like the bunnies that usually get overlooked. Big uppy eared boring coloured ones with no fluff :lol: he is certainly very cute though

Safe to say River is NOT amused at being in a 4ft cage! I'm swapping every 24 hours for the next 5 weeks

Ps sorry about the quality of the pic. I didn't want to disturb him. I'll try and get a better one later

Last edited:
Aaaw - I so hope it works. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am taking some annual leave the week after next so will have a bit more time. I find bonding guinea-pigs sooooo much easier than bonding bunnies, which is usually mega stressful, especially when you are working as well.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were going to do a slow bond with them. Maybe I can come visit and have some bunny and piggy cuddles anyway xx

I'm swapping cages for 5 weeks to get them used to each other, then they're being bonded. My part is easy :)

He's a cutie :love: I prefer big & uppy earred buns too as a rule (we only got Boo as she was the only doe in rescue when Joe needed another wife, though as a REW she is in the unpopular category too)

Thank you for asking :)
Largely she is ignoring him, but if he gets too close to the bars she will pin her ears back and lunge / grunt. The problem that then leaves is he stays away from her whilst she's inside the cage, and when he is in the cage she sits on top most of the time. So they're not really interacting. Early days yet thiugh

Thank you for asking :)
Largely she is ignoring him, but if he gets too close to the bars she will pin her ears back and lunge / grunt. The problem that then leaves is he stays away from her whilst she's inside the cage, and when he is in the cage she sits on top most of the time. So they're not really interacting. Early days yet thiugh

Yep, early days & hopefully she is very very slowly coming round to the idea.

Lots of happy bonding vibes coming your way. Hope River and Billy go well together when the time comes.

Back