• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some bonding advice

HollyB

New Kit
Hi, I'm looking for some advice please.

We had a bonded pair of lops, a male mini lop, Lucky and a female German lop, Muffin. They were the best of friends for many years. Lucky was the dominant bunny and was continuously groomed by Muffin. Sadly, Muffin, passed away in February. We have rescued a rabbit called Lola and are going through the bonding process, which has been relatively easy. They never fought at all. However, I think they are both keen to be the dominant bunny. She is definitely looking for Lucky to groom her. Lucky tries sticking his head under her to get the top of his head licked, as he used to do with Muffin, but she's having none of it! He has now started to lick her head. My question is, do you think Lucky will be happy with this arrangement, having been the one on the receiving end of the attention before, or will he be doing this grooming reluctantly? And will he be unhappy?

Hello and welcome! I am sure they will sort themselves out eventually. As long as they aren't falling out I wouldn't worry. Good luck!

Back