• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honking

Pip&Milo

Warren Scout
So recently I've noticed Rory (female not spayed) has been honking. She will do this when we're feeding her which I take as excitement. But sometimes she will randomly honk when Milo is near. He is neutered so I'm not worried about babies but is this a sexual thing? Is it just that she's happy.to see him? Their behaviour is so fascinating!

Ps. She is due to be spayed. They couldn't do it at her last appointment because she was swollen and red down there so advised us to come back another time and seperate them for 2 days before hand !

She's likely feeling frisky when around him.

I'm confused why they want you to separate them though?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

They said the red and swollen genitals was probably due to excessive humping (at the time she was humping his face a lot!) And that it could cause potential problems in surgery. They reckon separating them physically ( inside cage same room) would mean this didn't happen again before the next attempt to spay x

Back