• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fluffy struggling to move

Does your vet suspect ear infection?
If Fluffy is tilted then I'd suggest asking your vet for a 28 day course of Panacur when you go back tomorrow to cover EC Xx

Vet didn't think it was EC given her symptoms etc but yeah I'm grabbing some medication from petshop on my way home, doesn't hurt to treat her with that just in case.

I know there are varying opinions on Panacur

Hi Dave, I'm sorry Fluffy is poorly. My bun Sydney is unwell with a head tilt too. We don't know if it's an inner ear infection or E.C but he is being treated with Panacur as a precaution along with an antibiotic and has had steroids too.

If I can be of any help or just someone to chat to who's been going through similar, please let me know x

Vet didn't think it was EC given her symptoms etc but yeah I'm grabbing some medication from petshop on my way home, doesn't hurt to treat her with that just in case.

I know there are varying opinions on Panacur

I hope there's progress soon Dave. Sending you and Fluffy vibes xx

Still wobbly however for the 1st time in a day and a bit I've seen her eat some hay and she's flat out on floor with legs behind her chilling.

Syringe feeds are getting more time in between them happening to encourage her to eat, panacur was purchased from the petshop

Still wobbly however for the 1st time in a day and a bit I've seen her eat some hay and she's flat out on floor with legs behind her chilling.

Syringe feeds are getting more time in between them happening to encourage her to eat, panacur was purchased from the petshop

Sounds good. baby steps are good :D

Good work. May she continue to progress in her tecovery.

In from Christmas meal out, she was sat in litter tray which is enclosed so helping to support her, she wouldn't have a treat so I've syringe fed her which she was quite feisty with. She's still pooing at least as I've just pulled some from her behind

Feisty is never a bad thing in my eyes :D It might feel like it when you are battling to get the critical care into them but I'd rather have a feisty bun than one that has given up!

What sort of treat did you try to give her? When Hiro first got his tilt he really went off solid foods like pellets, fenugreek crunchies etc but he would still eat hay, greens and dried forage like Dandelion and Plantain :)

Had another steroid injection today and also got some Baytril to give to her, still syringe feeding at the moment. Fluffy is eating little bits now and then at least.

Still unstable when she's walking around but she seems to be getting used to it, hoping she will come around slowly now as I'm fed up of her looking miserable

Had another steroid injection today and also got some Baytril to give to her, still syringe feeding at the moment. Fluffy is eating little bits now and then at least.

Still unstable when she's walking around but she seems to be getting used to it, hoping she will come around slowly now as I'm fed up of her looking miserable

Is she pooing OK ? I too hope that she starts to feel more comfortable soon xx

Vibes for you and Fluffy :love:

She ate some breakfast today too, I decided to sit there whilst she was in the litter tray and kept pushing it into her face, she kept taking bites of it which was good.

She still doesn't really want to eat on her own yet but doing everything possible to tempt her, she's not had a syringe feed this morning due to her having breakfast.

I've got some plantain and other random stuff growing in the yard so will try her with that in a bit.

She ate some breakfast today too, I decided to sit there whilst she was in the litter tray and kept pushing it into her face, she kept taking bites of it which was good.

She still doesn't really want to eat on her own yet but doing everything possible to tempt her, she's not had a syringe feed this morning due to her having breakfast.

I've got some plantain and other random stuff growing in the yard so will try her with that in a bit.

Plantain is usually very popular. Fresh herbs often tempt a poorly Rabbit to eat too, especially coriander.

Back