• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvest Festival - Flax

Hi roxy, flax is where linseed comes from. My buns have Harringtons pellets and the linseed in the pellets gives them a glossy coat. Linseed oil is used to coat and protect cricket bats. Flax can also be spun into rope and it's the blue flowers you see covering fields. Sometimes it grows along with poppies. Very pretty.

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/harvest-festival.html

My buns absolutely love these from thehayexperts but I was just wondering about the flax in them? I can't find much online about Rabbits and flax so is it ok to give them? :shock:

Yes it's fine!

Galen garden sell stuff with flax in too:

https://galensgarden.co.uk/shop/dried-herbs/whole-dried-herbs/forage-flower-treat

Some people feed flax seeds regularly (particularly for breeding and showing rabbits as it gives them a lovely coat), but as they absorb quite a lot of water I tend not to. But the amount of dried flax in the Harvest Festival is fine :)

Aaah great :) thanks guys. Hiro and Sylar both go mad for the stuff so I just wanted to double check! Can't find much on the internet at all!

Whilst I can find nothing wrong with this product and the ingredients seem to be fine, if it were me I would keep Sylar's diet very simple. I would feed him just hay, a few pellets and a few herbs. Particularly if Molly can find nothing to explain his episodes of Stasis, I would want to see if something else in his diet other than hay/pellets/herbs could be causing it.

I'm probably being extra cautious but that's just my opinion and it's what I would do.

Whilst I can find nothing wrong with this product and the ingredients seem to be fine, if it were me I would keep Sylar's diet very simple. I would feed him just hay, a few pellets and a few herbs. Particularly if Molly can find nothing to explain his episodes of Stasis, I would want to see if something else in his diet other than hay/pellets/herbs could be causing it.

I'm probably being extra cautious but that's just my opinion and it's what I would do.

Yes I agree :) try telling my o/h this though!!!
We asked Molly if she thought that it could be something diet related and she said that she found it very unlikely but we don't know so I'd rather keep it simple too. At least then I know that it's not food related!

Back