• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Diet Post Stasis

Dem

Young Bun
Hi All,

I'm after everyones opinion on post stasis diets. Bubbles has been home from the vets a couple of weeks. I've made sure that i have given him his usual small volumes of dried food (pellets), lots of really good quality hay, small amounts of greens and also a large amount of scissor cut grass.

Is it ok to give large volumes of scissor cut grass or could this bring on an upset tummy. He's loving it and his litter tray is full of good size droppings but equally i dont want to go back to where i started.

Thanks
Dem

In my view it's fine to give large amounts of hand cut grass now that your rabbit's stomach is used to eating grass. It would really only be when first introducing the grass that you would need to be careful not to feed too much. I would also sometimes feed forage if you have somewhere where you can pick it and also rabbit safe tree leaves. I would give this some days instead of greens.

Thanks for the advice. He is used to grass as used to spend time out on the lawn in his run. Since the stasis hes become an indoor rabbit so i can watch him more closely, but he loved grass so much i wanted to ensure he gets some still. But he is definitely eating more now than he ever did before. Hes had two big handfuls today already and is loving it. :D

Thanks for the advice. He is used to grass as used to spend time out on the lawn in his run. Since the stasis hes become an indoor rabbit so i can watch him more closely, but he loved grass so much i wanted to ensure he gets some still. But he is definitely eating more now than he ever did before. Hes had two big handfuls today already and is loving it. :D

Grass is really good for teeth and digestion, though it won't produce those coveted 'golden poos'!! :lol:

Grass is really good for teeth and digestion, though it won't produce those coveted 'golden poos'!! :lol:

Haha thanks !!! :lol:

He had an hour ferreting around the garden and in the veggie patch today which he really enjoyed, he ate at least a third of the carrot tops out there so his has barely left his litter tray since coming inside from all the food he has consumed haha. His new bunny palace is almost ready too, he had a wander round in it a few mins ago and its so big he can run, it was great seeing him so happy.

Thank goodness we got him through this latest bout of stasis.

Haha thanks !!! :lol:

He had an hour ferreting around the garden and in the veggie patch today which he really enjoyed, he ate at least a third of the carrot tops out there so his has barely left his litter tray since coming inside from all the food he has consumed haha. His new bunny palace is almost ready too, he had a wander round in it a few mins ago and its so big he can run, it was great seeing him so happy.

Thank goodness we got him through this latest bout of stasis.

Yes you did very well! So pleased to hear he's happy :D

Back