• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mushrooms on the lawn

walsh366

Young Bun
20160906_075406_zpsv7mfbrsf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi - our lawn has loads of mushrooms/toadstools (???) growing on it. Are they safe. I've been pulling them just in case as the rabbits roam free all day. Thanks.

They look like Panaeolus Semiovatus (Egghead Mottlegill). They are not edible for humans. I would be surprised if the rabbits attempted to eat them, BUT if I were you I would certainly remove them.

Nice specimens by the way :)

20160906_075406_zpsv7mfbrsf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi - our lawn has loads of mushrooms/toadstools (???) growing on it. Are they safe. I've been pulling them just in case as the rabbits roam free all day. Thanks.

Yes I get these when the weather is damp.

They wouldn't be too good for the rabbits and I always remove them :)

We get those on our lawn when the weather is damp, the rabbits don't touch them ( though that could be because there are too many tasty alternatives!)

We always removed them but ours haven't eaten any we've missed, but they have nibbled others :roll: Thankfully no ill effects! Mine are gits for eating bad stuff though: rhubarb leaves, box, oak leaves :evil:

Back