• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boycott the ridiculous Bunny Cafe

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Hi all,
Please help in preventing this monstrosity of an idea from unfolding.

Search Facebook for "Pop up Bunny Cafe", it's going to be in London and several people have commented on the other page, "Bunny Cafe - Bunny Blossom" saying don't do it.

Ridiculous idea... this is my comment;

Stupid idea, most rabbits are very easily stressed and this is a disaster waiting to happen.

As well as offering an "adoption process" similar to the large scale pet chain which I guarantee will mean the poor rabbits you have "saved" will end up going back into rescue straight after being terrified by all the strange people you are ushering infront of their noses.

Do you even know the background behind the image you have as the page display picture? It's a cruel one.

I assume you have contacted the RWAF in terms of suitability of rabbits in a cafe?

Poorly thought out and given that cats are much more laid back than rabbits, even they have been stressed in the cat cafe... I cannot begin to imagine the hell these rabbits will endure. What a shame.

There is a cat version in which they are highly stressed, with pent up energy and major fighting.
We all know most cats deal with affection very well in comparison to rabbits and so this worries me.

There will also be the option of rehoming them, with no home checks. Females will not be spayed and males neutered at 5 months.

I'm majorly concerned for their welfare, in which world do people think this is a good idea?!

will have a look after, let the RWAF know as they will be able to look into it and get in touch with them about any concerns and welfare issues etc

The RWAF are finding out details from them - they've deleted the RWAF's comment asking for more information off their FB page though it seems.

For a bunch of people who claim to have rescued these rabbits, be long term rabbit owners, and claim to be an "independent rescue team" how come they haven't already approached the RWAF - who all legitimate rescues work with, and no one has ever heard of them??? Lets face it, true bunny rescues are quite close knit.

Anyone can go on free listings and "rescue" a bunch of rabbits and call themselves a rescue anyway. It's all a bit peculiar. Where are the entry fees going to btw? They're not a registered charity.

Peculiar.

They also posted this on their FB page along with the comment "Meet Fudge, Maple, Peach and Peanut! We are certain they are Dutch Rabbits!"

No they ARE Dutch rabbits, the most obvious of rabbit breeds. To not be so definite also irks me. Anyone in rescue would be more confident on obvious common rabbit breeds. They seem to have mostly baby rabbits and are not spaying females.

Uncomfortable.

13254546_1174654702579332_2823107706209500395_n.jpg

They also posted this on their FB page along with the comment "Meet Fudge, Maple, Peach and Peanut! We are certain they are Dutch Rabbits!"

No they ARE Dutch rabbits, the most obvious of rabbit breeds. To not be so definite also irks me. Anyone in rescue would be more confident on obvious common rabbit breeds. They seem to have mostly baby rabbits and are not spaying females.

They said they were 'certain'. That's definite! Seems a bit nit picking?

Glad the RWAF are on the case with this one, anyway.

They said they were 'certain'. That's definite! Seems a bit nit picking?

Glad the RWAF are on the case with this one, anyway.

Guess it depends how you read it, to me it sounds as though they were unsure. *shrug*

My concerns are they are an unknown entity. They have no website, they're not a registered charity, they are just a "they", have not seen any names of individuals around this, has anyone? They have appeared out of thin air.

They also claim to have invited visits from charities and vets, but have not named who these charities are. Don't think it was the RWAF that's for sure. It's weirding me out!

It looks as though pressure from the RSPCA and Islington Council has caused the event to be cancelled.

Now to find out who these "Bunny Blossom" people really are and what's happened with the baby rabbits they've "rescued" :(

Back