• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No Rabbits but wanted to say hiii :)

Buzzwizz619

Warren Scout
I dont currently have any Rabbits and have no plans to get any any time soon, but i like to lurk around and see all the wonderful information that is on here. I did briefly consider having a rabbit which is what brought me to the forum but a few minutes looking at the housing threads and health threads was enough to make me sure its definitely not the right time. I also had no idea that rabbits could live for over 10 years! Thats definitely a commitment that im not in a position to make at the moment!

I did have one rabbit once, i was about 4, his name was Oscar named after Oscar the grouch off sesame street. Unfortunately he came to a very tragic and completely unforeseen end within few month. Somehow he got his teeth stuck in the mesh on the hutch and as he pulled back he broke his neck :(

I just wanted to say that i think this forum is amazing, the information and advice is high quality and consistent. I havent seen any of the arguing or contradicting information that is often found on animal forums, and a very strong Rescue ethic which seems to be shared by everyone. Ive also learnt that some RSPCA branches are independently funded and arent a part of the main RSPCA which i found very interesting (and also slightly confusing!) but atleast explains why animal knowledge can vary so much between branches (although this is mostly in regards to rats, i dont know much about the RSPCA and other animals).

I do have a group of 10 little ratties who i love to the moon and back, and 2 little gerbils <3

So ill carry on poking around and reading all your lovely stories and advice but youll rarely see me post :)

Amy

Hello there! Sorry Oscar had a sad end :cry: You are not alone. a lot of folk don't realise rabbits can live up to 10, and longer. Glad you've got some ratties :love:

Hi,

Welcome to Rabbits United :wave:

It will be lovely to see some photo's of your Rats and Gerbils.

I think you're making the right decision to not have a rabbit if you don't think it's the right time for you,
rabbits need to be fed a certain diet specific to their breed and personal needs, handled regularly, they need to be brushed and have their teeth checked, they need their claws clipping etc.

However; when you do feel you can take on a bunny you will get plenty of advise and help from this forum and they are worth the world in my opinion.

We love seeing photo's of any animals on this site xxxx

Hi :wave:
I think you have been exceptionally sensible and I admire that. I wish I was more like that!.

Im in my 40's now so the commitment to the animals is ok for me at this stage and I'm not getting any younger. If I was younger I probably wouldn't have had them until a lot later and when I look bad now I realise I would have been able to do so much more with my life. I had children young too. So I guess I've had a limited life, but not that I regret it. I do get stuck for holiday breaks for me and the kids but luckily I have supportive family but I never enjoy my time away because they simply cannot care for my pets like I do. My family think Im bonkers!
Looking forward to seeing your Ratties and gerbils x

Lovely to see you here anyway xx

Last edited:
Back