• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice needed please - dental?

If I knew what we were working with and Daisy had a proper diagnosis I think I could manage better. She's been putting up a bigger fight with the rabbit recovery, the happy flops and grazing last night were small positive signs but seems not. Mr Magoo is staying with her at the vets, worried about him too as he's not eating as much hay as normal, don't know if he'd be better at home so they can identify exactly what Daisy is doing but their bond is so strong and he's so protective of her 😩

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

If I knew what we were working with and Daisy had a proper diagnosis I think I could manage better. She's been putting up a bigger fight with the rabbit recovery, the happy flops and grazing last night were small positive signs but seems not. Mr Magoo is staying with her at the vets, worried about him too as he's not eating as much hay as normal, don't know if he'd be better at home so they can identify exactly what Daisy is doing but their bond is so strong and he's so protective of her ��

I am sorry that Daisy is still giving cause for concern. Is the Vet going to run any diagnostics today ? Maybe Mr M is not eating so well because he is stressed too ?

I hope the Vet can find out what is going on xx

If I knew what we were working with and Daisy had a proper diagnosis I think I could manage better. She's been putting up a bigger fight with the rabbit recovery, the happy flops and grazing last night were small positive signs but seems not. Mr Magoo is staying with her at the vets, worried about him too as he's not eating as much hay as normal, don't know if he'd be better at home so they can identify exactly what Daisy is doing but their bond is so strong and he's so protective of her 😩

I would try and keep them together, though I take your point about Mr M not eating and you not wanting two issues on your hands.

I tend to vary the food I syringe my rabbits at every meal, and I can then persuade them to take it more easily. A few pouches of Ella's Kitchen and different ground pellets make a difference. May not work for Daisy, but a thought as she needs to keep her strength up right now.

Let us know what the vet finds when he test urine etc ... and good luck xx

I think it is the stress with Mr M and he'd probably be the same if he was at the vets or at home.

Are there any of the Ella ' s kitchen you'd recommend? I got something similar in aldi yesterday organic baby puree - apple & banana and carrot,apple & parsnip (8%) but haven't tried her on them yet.

Hopefully we'll get some answers today, I have another vets in mind if we need to get a second opinion. xx

I think it is the stress with Mr M and he'd probably be the same if he was at the vets or at home.

Are there any of the Ella ' s kitchen you'd recommend? I got something similar in aldi yesterday organic baby puree - apple & banana and carrot,apple & parsnip (8%) but haven't tried her on them yet.

Hopefully we'll get some answers today, I have another vets in mind if we need to get a second opinion. xx

Sounds like you've got good plans in place :thumb:

I use apples and bananas, carrot apple and parsnip, broccoli pea and pear, peaches and apples ... Anything that a bun can eat is fine. I also whizz up stuff so it's raw and not cooked such as apples and carrots, but you need a strong whizzer for that :D

Thanks. My whizzer isn't so strong! I've tried her with mushy pellets, grated carrot, soaked some readigrass in water to soften it, but wasn't interested in any of it. Although like I said she did manage a little hay and a few hard pellets yesterday...
My only concern about the baby food is she hasn't had some of the ingredients before so not sure how her tummy will take it. 😕

Ok so they've kept Daisy in. She's on a drip as was dehydrated! She is now eating hay and they're going to keep a close eye on her. Magoo is there too but in a separate pen as he kept trying to bite her tube the little monkey! He's allowed supervised visits, so they still see each other.
They plan to re - test her urine in the morning but already it's lighter and she's eating slowly now, so hopefully heading in the right direction...

Last edited:
Ok so they've kept Daisy in. She's on a drip as was dehydrated! She is now eating hay and they're going to keep a close eye on her. Magoo is there too but in a separate pen as he kept trying to bite her tube the little monkey! He's allowed supervised visits, so they still see each other.
They plan to re - test her urine in the morning but already it's lighter and she's eating slowly now, so hopefully heading in the right direction...

Fingers crossed for good progress overnight xx

Just want my little munchkins back, happy and well
ca96749b3a8ff7c8296509e3731b32a6.jpg

Aaw, they are gorgeous! Keeping my fingers crossed that Daisy gets eating again, she is in the best place where they can syringe feed through the night etc. It's awful when you have a poorly bunny, you just want them back to their naughty bunny selves!

Sorry for the lack of update! Daisy and Magoo are now both back home. I wouldn't say Daisy is 100% back to normal yet though, I am hoping this is because she has had a funny few weeks of not eating properly, having a big dental and visits to the vets! She is eating hay, pellets and veg again now. Although not drinking or eating as much hay as I'd like, not sure what else I can do to encourage her...
They normally have free run of the living room, hall and their room of am evening, although I have been restricting them to a smaller area so there's less distractions although not convinced it's making them eat more.

Sorry for the lack of update! Daisy and Magoo are now both back home. I wouldn't say Daisy is 100% back to normal yet though, I am hoping this is because she has had a funny few weeks of not eating properly, having a big dental and visits to the vets! She is eating hay, pellets and veg again now. Although not drinking or eating as much hay as I'd like, not sure what else I can do to encourage her...
They normally have free run of the living room, hall and their room of am evening, although I have been restricting them to a smaller area so there's less distractions although not convinced it's making them eat more.

Maybe just making them more grumpy?

Can you try a different hay? Some dried readigrass or fresh picked grass in with the hay to tempt perhaps?

Maybe just making them more grumpy?

Can you try a different hay? Some dried readigrass or fresh picked grass in with the hay to tempt perhaps?
I did wonder if it's just winding them up!

Tried readi grass and they have a choice of 5 hays! I don't know if the lighter evenings is also affecting their eating habits.

I'm going away today so my Dad is bunny sitting, hope they are ok for him!

Just wanted to let you all know that Daisy and Magoo are now both doing brilliantly. 😊Their poops are as golden and big as ever!No excess cecals and all is good! Thanks for all your support!

Back