• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introduction

Caseyb

New Kit
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I have a ~6 month old intact New Zealand White. I am currently fostering him for a local rescue.

I think he never received a lot to of attention as his previous home. He is extremely timid. He ha made leaps and bounds since I have had him, and has occasionally allowed me to pet him, but it's very rare. He will accept treats from my hands with I problem at all. But I'm stay patient and positive [emoji4]

I hope to learn a lot for this forum !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello there and welcome. I have a NZW female, she is 5 now and she was 1 yr old when I got her. She has been quite timid on the whole and jumps quite easily. I am sure your boy will become more confident as he learns he can trust you.

Awwww, bless you and him!

I think I'd try getting in the floor fairly close to him and just sitting there doing something else (reading etc.). Once he gets used to that, he may come to explore. A bag of treats won't go a miss either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome to RU. How nice of you to foster ...now the next bit is trying not to get too attached :lol:

I hope you have fun here

If you want to show photos (hint hint) you need to upload to somewhere like photobucket

welcome2-1_zpsc2zsdhld.gif

Back