• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long-term Bonded Pair Fighting

Eggy

New Kit
I have two bonded female rabbits, Daisy and Ivy. They are about 2.5 years old and have been together since they were a few weeks old, although they are not from the same litter. They have always lived together and, apart from a few scuffles before they were spayed, they have always been extremely close; grooming and cuddling for hours on end! Yesterday I heard some strange noises coming from them at night and when I asked my boyfriend to investigate, he found fur all over the place and they were tetchy and on edge - clear evidence of fighting. Today I set up the hallway for playtime/dinnertime as usual and they have not stopped going at each other. They have been nipping, circling and boxing; being very aggressive which is completely out of character. I suspect one of them is unwell but as it is Christmas eve tomorrow, the chances of getting a vet appointment in the next couple of days (at least one that doesn't break the bank!) are slim. What can I do to help them be as safe and stress-free as possible in the days until I can take them to a vet and find out what is going on? I worry that simply separating them completely would do long-term harm when it comes to re-bonding them.

I would suggest keep them close but separate. Its possible one is poorly or something. Get to the bottom of the problem then try and rebond. Good luck.xx

Back