• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Large Guinea Rescue BABY PICS PT 43!

And without meaning to be rude, I'm going to continue to have opinions about things and discuss them with or without your approval or anyone else's. That makes no difference at all to whether I support rescues or similar. How do you know what I'm doing or what my contributions are?

What you're implying is that if you don't agree with me, I should shut up.

But at the same time there is a time and a place to continue to have opinions on certain topics. It's not always appropriate to have a full blown 'discussion' about something that is nothing to do with the original topic and this thread for me is about the Guinea pigs and jills hard work and I think it's very unfair that anything or anyone should distract from that :(

Thanks Liz, Alsion and others. Last night stated to feel poorly, woken up with very sore throat, running nose and that fluey feeling..think it's all got to me a bit :(
so after doing all the animals and my dog walks..am spending the afternoon on sofa with a blanket!

You very much deserve a rest, I hope you feel better soon.

I can only imagine the effect this rescue has had on you both emotionally and physically :( which is why there should be nothing but support for your hard work here.

If people want to have an opinion on horders or mental health then they can do so in general chat....... in my opinion ;)

I hope that you are soon feeling better Jill, you have had to cope with a huge amount recently.

But at the same time there is a time and a place to continue to have opinions on certain topics. It's not always appropriate to have a full blown 'discussion' about something that is nothing to do with the original topic and this thread for me is about the Guinea pigs and jills hard work and I think it's very unfair that anything or anyone should distract from that :(

To be fair, I didn't start with the "opinion" posts. It seems a bit unfair to say that others can discuss it but I can't.

Get well soon. Cannot imagine the logistics of organising over 180 spaces, transport, waiting for does to give birth, getting supplies, hutches and meds. Hope they are recovering well.

To be fair, I didn't start with the "opinion" posts. It seems a bit unfair to say that others can discuss it but I can't.

Yes, people did comment ... but you blew it out of all proportion and chose to start the whole mental illness thing. I think that we should just let this matter rest. If you choose not to, then that is up to you. Please have respect for Jill's feelings.

Yes, people did comment ... but you blew it out of all proportion and chose to start the whole mental illness thing. I think that we should just let this matter rest. If you choose not to, then that is up to you. Please have respect for Jill's feelings.

Fine - one last comment and then I'm done. But understand that it's very difficult to bite your tongue and stop discussing something when people directly respond to what you've said.

I brought up mental illness in response to Jane posting saying essentially "there's no excuse for that kind of neglect". While I don't think hoarding is an excuse, it is a reason why things like this happen, and it's common enough that it would be perfectly reasonable to wonder if a particular case where lots of animals were being kept and neglected was a hoarding case.

It seems strange to me that a community of people who are generally very supportive of mental illness would be so quick to dismiss the very real possibility of someone being a hoarder on the basis of the little information we were given. I guess some mental illnesses are tolerated more than others. But I find that in general people here do tend to jump to definite conclusions about situations where they don't have all the evidence. :/

Silver leaf, it hasn't been dismissed. It isn't strange as people on here respect Honeybunny and if she is quite certain (through years of experience of dealing with all kinds of people who have neglected their animals) that the person isn't a hoarder through mental illness, members here just accept it as they trust her judgement and it's not even that relevant. It's not even something that needed to be dragged out over several pages and I think the thread needs to get back on track now.

I hope you are feeling better soon Jill. It is wonderful news that all the piggies are all now safely out but it is understandable that organising such a huge rescue should take it's toll. What you have achieved, along with all the helpers and supporters is nothing short of amazing.

I wish I lived nearer to have helped out but I believe I may get to meet some of these piggies in the fairly near future ;):D

I hope you are feeling better soon Jill. It is wonderful news that all the piggies are all now safely out but it is understandable that organising such a huge rescue should take it's toll. What you have achieved, along with all the helpers and supporters is nothing short of amazing.
I wish I lived nearer to have helped out but I believe I may get to meet some of these piggies in the fairly near future ;):D
I do believe 4 or 5 will be coming to live near you :D

Brilliant work though soo upsetting. U have saved so many lives. I have owned 3 pigs before my buns and know how sweet and loving they are even though they would "pee in ur eye"! Glad they r safe, warm and hopefully get loving homes. Well done all involved.

We have had some more babies arrive :D
also thanks to Omi for the shopping voucher very kind of you..shoul;d provide quite a bit of veg! xx
added more things to the for sale thread for anyone looking for stocking fillers!

Oh gosh, those wounds are awful. I'm hoping the babies are doing ok as some of these sows look so thin :( I'm glad they will never have to live in the same conditions as their parents did.

My circumstances may be changing in the next month or so were I am finally able to adopt some furry babies. I will keep your rescue in mind x

Just to say that Tiny Paws rescue has had 7 new babies from the sows brought into her from this rescue this week.I bumped into her this morning and all the piggies she has taken in are doing fine.Phew!

just out of curiosity, what causes the hair loss and surface wounds on the pigs shown in your signature? Is it all from fighting??

Back