• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Large Guinea Rescue BABY PICS PT 43!

just out of curiosity, what causes the hair loss and surface wounds on the pigs shown in your signature? Is it all from fighting??
Some is fighthing, some is motes and some fungal..when fingal infections and/or mites left the pigs will take thei own skin off trying to stop the irritation :(
With these pigs its a mix of all the above..and hair loss can be hormonal inbalance but also vitamin deficiency and stress ..all these pigs were coping with all of this..and lack of food..and being constantly pregnant from age of 5-6 weeks :(

:wave: So excited :D :D:D:D:D:D

Berlina ( or Bellie as I call her! ) and Briska, Beretta and Blazer are on route to Jan's..ready to meet you tomorrow..Hubby has just left with them :)
Sadly after improving yesterday I woke up this morning feeling bad again..cough really awful, trouble breathing and headache returned..so am unable to do a lot..shame I won't get to say hi face to face again Vanessa..safe journey x

Berlina hiding with
Briska and Beretta front..Blazer hidden

and little Blazer

Last edited:
Aww... they are beyond cute. They look like little teddy bears. :) It's lovely that some are finding homes.

Wow, baby guineas are so cute. If only I wasn't allergic to them. I still miss the wheeking when they heard the key in the back door.

Some is fighthing, some is motes and some fungal..when fingal infections and/or mites left the pigs will take thei own skin off trying to stop the irritation :(
With these pigs its a mix of all the above..and hair loss can be hormonal inbalance but also vitamin deficiency and stress ..all these pigs were coping with all of this..and lack of food..and being constantly pregnant from age of 5-6 weeks :(

Cripes :( Thanks for the info, I know so little about piggies. I saw Mary's the other day and they are thriving. :)

:love: gorgeous wiggles. Are they going to a forever home with your daughter Vanessa?

Yes, they are now safely with my daughter. They were all a little shell shocked at first and understandably made for the hideaways. I believe they have ventured out now and have been very vocal. Mum Berlina is very very nervous, what the poor wee thing has gone through :(:(:(:( We hope in time she is able to start to enjoy her new life with her daughters and a very handsome boy who Louise has adopted too.

So glad they have a lovely new forever home together :love: I'm sure they will realise that they are safe and in a loving home. Update us when you can :)

How is the piggie situation now, Jill? I hope you have managed to find suitable homes for lots of them, so they can be spoilt rotten at Christmas :love:

Back