• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal?

toritilla

Young Bun
Hiya, I've posted a few times about my bonded bunnies Wybie (male) and Saffy (female) but I have a little question about Wybies behaviour.

They've been bonded for around 4 and a half years now with Wybie being neutered before they were bonded and Saffy was spayed just a few weeks ago (she has recovered and is back to herself now [emoji4]) but basically when I go to feed them their pellets Wybie almost always chases Saffy away and gives her a little nip (actually I would call it more of a fake nip as he never appears to touch her) but its still clearly behaviour of an aggressive nature, is this normal? Don't get me wrong he has always done it and I'm not worried as they have never faught, she has never been wounded by him and once he has eaten some pellets he allows her to come and eat them with her.

As I say I'm not worried but wondered if anyone has ever experienced this and has any ideas if the behaviour could be stopped?

Thanks [emoji3]

bad behaviour over food (food aggression) is quite normal, I hear boys are worst. Joey is very similar with his wives. I'd not worry if its not amounting to anything more

Back