• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re-introducing?

Jon1111uk

New Kit
Hi, just had George and Henry neutered yesterday, and am hoping to re-introduce each other at the weekend, do you think it will be too soon.
They have been separated for the past week, but only with a mesh panel, They were inseparable before, we only had to separate them because of constant humping, nipping and scuffles, when their hormones took over.
They are 4 months old.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Aww, I can understand why you'd want to get them to their formerly loved up state asap but as the nipping / humping / scuffles were probably brought on by their hormones I'd give them 4 weeks to allow their post neuter hormones to die down too - will improve chances of a long lasting rebond & no injuries. Good luck

Thanks for the advice, I think we'll leave the reintroduction for a bit.
I'm also trying to not let them establish a territory either, during the day one is in the play pen in the lounge and the other has free run around the lounge, they are swapped around a couple of times a day so they have equal opportunity to stretch their legs.
Just hoping they'll be alright when or if they're back together.
At the moment they rub noses through the bars of the play pen and lie next to each other when resting.

Back