• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to see an animal communicator

Moonstone

Warren Scout
A few days I went to see an animal communicator (someone who communicates with animals telepathically). I wanted to move Archie and Millie out into the garden, into her former home, but bonding them has often been one step forward and two back. It was a bit of a last resort really, but it was compellingly accurate and my bunnies have been much happier since. You might have to walk on by this thread if this seems nutty to you but I wanted to write about it in case it could help some of you too. I’d never met the animal communicator before, she didn’t meet the rabbits, she just worked from a photo of them. She mainly did the talking, I just added or explained things sometimes.

Archie came through to talk first because he’s the boss and the first thing he said was “I’m not cute and I’m not fluffy”. Guilty as charged! I’m always calling him my cute, fluffy boy, I knew that in his own head he was more mature and dignified than that but I didn’t think he could hear me! He explained that he is a dominant buck and his breeding gives him authority and power.

He also said that he is not a bad tempered rabbit. The vet suggested to me that he was bad tempered and I refuted it. I think it’s because he put up a fight when they were trying to take a blood sample but I don’t blame him for that. I haven’t experienced him as being aggressive, just very humpy to the point of driving Millie half mad.

He said Millie had been telling him off for chasing and humping her so much. He said she means the world to him but as a male it’s in his nature to dominate her. He has what the communicator called ‘species memory’ and said in the wild he would have more than one lady bunny and it’s because he only has Millie that he overwhelms her. He said sometimes he lets her hop away because he knows it’s too much (I’ve seen him do this).

He described kicking, or moving with his head, a wooden thing in a corner to make a lot of noise. They had a little wooden house and a batten was missing from the roof meaning that he could move and remove the roof. He banged it loudly, particularly in the mornings and knocked it off so many times that I removed it entirely because I was afraid he would hurt himself or Millie. He said he wanted to explain it to me. He had been using it to make a loud banging noise because he needed to tell any other rabbits in the area that this burrow was taken, that it was run by an alpha male and they should stay away. He also described falling over backwards and hitting his head which he’d done a few days before (I’d witnessed it), he said it wasn’t serious, it just hurt.

He said he waits for me to come home. During the day a lot of noises frighten him and he gets tense in his neck, stomach and across the shoulders. When I come home I make it better and I make him feel important which he likes. He loves me stroking him and fiddling with his fur, it takes away his worries. He said I’m so calm and compassionate, I’m like an angel to him. He said that I love them both unconditionally and that’s how angels love. I was so moved by this. I think it’s true of many of you on this forum as well, I’ve read so many posts on here of people loving bunnies beyond unwelcome behaviour or an apparent inability to love you back.

Archie said that while I’m stroking him he is telling me all about his day. So that’s why his teeth are moving?! I asked why he sometimes didn’t want me to stroke his head and he said that when he’s telling me about his day he doesn’t want his head stroked because it makes him feel that I’m not listening (I’m not, I can’t understand a word of it!).

He said one of his front teeth feels a bit under pressure and he’d like more to chew on. And that his skin is sometimes ichy. Generally he is in very good health. He also mentioned that he likes the little biscuits I give him (they are fenugreek crunchies). He said not to give them too much dried food.

Most of what he said to me was about noise and about the atmosphere/vibes he senses around him. The animal communicator is used to working with horses, cats and dogs and at first she thought the things he was describing were very near. He made it sound as though the front door opens onto the pavement for example, but then she said she thinks it’s because he and Millie are so sensitive, everything seems nearer and more threatening to them than it does to us.

He described people going by in the street (that he can’t possibly have seen). An old lady with a shopping trolley on wheels that make a horrible noise. Teenage boys being aggressive to each other. Neighbours bickering about a hose. He said traffic fumes were coming under the door, they are very strong and horrible, he feels poisoned by them. I live in a village without much traffic, there’s more a peek times but still not much, they aren’t stationary.

There were lots of noises that were bothering them. He described rain on the roof as being unbearable (it is very loud in the conservatory, next door to the room they were in). We have a garden gate on a spring that people just leave to bang shut and they hate that too, the vibration travels through the floor. They also don’t like people eating crisps, someone snoring (that’s my husband, I can’t stand it either!), traffic noise, footsteps... he said in a burrow you wouldn’t have to hear any of that. Noises make him feel unsafe.

He is very much aware of other animals in the vicinity. Cats and dogs (the dogs are the other side of a field), he says he knows that they are little and other species don’t think they really count. They make him feel he and Millie are vulnerable.

He doesn’t like the dampness on the floor by the water bottle, and he said “I want heat”. And he doesn’t like me arranging hay in the litter tray because they are perfectly capable of doing that themselves.

I have to go and feed them now but I will tell you what Mille said later...

wow. I'd love to know what's going on in my bunnies heads. Eagerly awaiting the world view by Millie

Thanks, Joey&Boo. You could use the same one, she does telephone sessions too but it isn't cheap.

Millie said that she’s exhausted, she feels old (she’s actually young) and her bones are aching. She said she’s too hot indoors, she likes it cold (they were in the coldest room in the house with a window open). The heat gives her a headache. Archie is mounting her a lot, she loves him and she knows he means well but he has a lot of needs she can’t manage. She wants to lie somewhere cool and wet under trees and rest. She’d like fresh water more often, with ice, in a bowl not bottle, she likes to feel water on her fur and her ears.

The animal communicator wondered out loud if they should be separated for a while to give her a rest from him and Archie reacted very strongly to that. He said it made him very sad and that he’d been screamingly frustrated and would chew the bars all day long. Millie said she felt sorry for him, she thinks she’ll feel better when she’s cooler and could manage him better if they were outside.

Archie said he wouldn’t feel safe outside. I asked what would make him feel safer and it would be a tunnel that is so long that it’s dark inside. The dark feels much safer to rabbits than light does. Long, dark tunnels are the best.

Millie also talked about unpleasant noises, it was a bit hard to tell what was her and what was Archie as he was butting in. We ended with a brief discussion about the vet. Archie doesn’t like going but he knows it’s for his own good and that they are trying to help him. Millie said the vet is terrifying and she would like to never go again.

Thanks, catxx. I was worried about Millie, the communicator didn't think she was ill but that she could be on the verge of illness as she was so exhausted.

When I got home, I thanked the bunnies for talking to me. I gave Archie some balsa wood and Millie a bowl of iced water.

After I'd petted them for a while I used the technique the communictor had explained to tell them that they were going to be moving outdoors tomorrow. I told Archie first and he sat bolt upright and stared at me. She told me not to talk to them with words or with my head but to speak with my heart. She said they can sense my feelings and see pictures I'm visualising. When he stared at me like that I imagined the 8 foot rabbit runaround tunnel that was outside, how long and dark it is and he lay back down and half shut his eyes, he seemed satisfied.

When I "told" Millie about going outside by visualising them both in her former pen she bounced up and licked me all down my arm. She hadn't licked me that much in ages.

The following day, yesterday, I put them out. Archie was very nervous at first. Millie was delighted, she binkied all over the place and kept licking me, she was so different, moving a lot quicker and energised, she has seemed like her old self. I'm ashamed I didn't realise she was struggling so much with the heat, I thought she was down because of all the humping. Archie is very changed too, he has stopped chasing her, I've only seen him tried to hump her three times since they've been out there. They are in her old territory but there has been no aggression from either of them. Right now they are lying side by side and I think I can finally say that this bond has been successful.

Congratulations on the successful bond - so it wasn't the bunnies themselves, just the environment?
Did Archie & Millie have a joint consultation or did you have to pay for 2?
I'm off to have a "conversation" with my Boo :lol:

There more I need to do though:

Noise: the pen is has a cover that gets very noisy in the rain, I need to replace it with something quiet. Roofing felt?

Archie's skin: he said it itches and described a seed being attached to it that's irritating him. His fur is very thick, I've had a look but can't see or feel anything. Is there anything that I can use to reduce inflammation? Should I imagine him telling me more about where it is? Not sure what do to with this information. With his tooth, I think I just need to give him more to chew and keep an eye on it for now.

Archie's need to make a noise: We have wild rabbits at the bottom of the garden, I'd like to find a way for Archie to safely make a big noise to tell them that this burrow is taken by a very powerful alpha male who is not cute or fluffy! ;) Any ideas?

Warmth: I've bonded a bunny who likes it wet and cold with one who likes it dry and hot :roll: I need to add insulation to the hutch I think.

I paid for an hour and it included both of them. I saw Susie at http://www.shininghorse.co.uk/. I hope I can say that, I have nothing to gain from anyone else seeing her, I've only met her once.

I think it was a combination of the environment and the bonding. I've been bonding them since November and there have been a lot of problems with humping that were significantly helped by giving him the herbal tinture agnus castus in the water. I probably need to write a separate post about that. I think Millie's reaction to the heat was the last piece of the puzzle.

Hi, firstly it's so lovely to see someone taking the time to consult their animals and make sure they're prepared for what's going to happen. I'm an animal communicator myself and it really touched my heart to see how you've worked with them on this.

Perhaps you could have an opening to the run without a flap (if your set up allows) so that he can be in the warm and she can sit in the draft! And maybe he can thump outside now that he's closer to the wild bunnies ;)

This was so interesting to read, thank you for sharing :) Im a bit of a sceptic but I love the idea of being able to communicate with our pets.

Thank you, Babsie, catxx and FondueKid.

Archie's been going upstairs in the hutch and banging on the ceiling. There are some loose panels between the first floor and the attic space where I keep hay and at first I thought he was after the hay. Actually, he's found a way of making a noise :D

FondueKid, your bunnies are so lucky having someone who understands them like that. I think I can find ways to have a warm space for Archie and a cool one for her. Yesterday he was sleeping on a wooden platform in the sunlight while she was underneath in shade on cold concrete. (I'm using these platforms, I think they're great http://prevuepet.com/product/573/small-wood-platform-3200).

And he feels safer in darkness. I have black perspex panels that I hang from screws around the ground floor of the hutch. I used to just hang them at night but I'm leaving most of them up full time now. You can get perspex cut to size with holes for screws online.

joey&boo - if you go for it, can you please report back on what your bunnies said? I'm feeling a bit mind blown at the moment but also fascinated.

That's so interesting wonder if she could help my 4 complete their bond :) it's going well but very slowly :(

I may look into this concept a bit deeper :D

joey&boo - if you go for it, can you please report back on what your bunnies said? I'm feeling a bit mind blown at the moment but also fascinated.

well that would depend on what they say :lol:

It is a fascinating subject. Could you ask your bunny direct questions & did they answer ? How could she tell which bunny was talking? Me & OH got a little too carried away last night, imagining they'd have different accents (Boo we have decided would have Scouse accent, Joey Welsh & Mouse West Country).

What a fascinating and touching thread. I love my rabbits so much but always feel really bad that they are in captivity. I especially wish that the hares could have much more space to race about and that Mottle could be comfortable.

How wonderful to be able to communicate with them like that.

Back