• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny on the bed

breannayn

New Kit
Hi everyone!

I got a new addition to my family a few weeks ago. She was timid and shy, matted to all hell and hated being picked up. Now she has done a total 360!! She is very comfortable, but now the behavior issues are coming out. There are a few places that I don't want her to go, partially for her own safety and partially because of weeing accidents.
The cat's litter box: If Vera sees Lola the bunny in her box, I shutter to think what might happen! I got a litter mat that Lola doesn't seem to like stepping on, so I think that problem might be solved.
The bed: This is apparently a big litter box in Lola's mind.. She just figured out how to get up on the bed, which I thought was adorable... until she just peed and peed and peed.
I can't close any doors because I live in a bachelor apartment and don't have any - it's one big room!
So far I have put pillows along the edge of the bed as bumpers so she can't jump up, but this can't be a permanent solution!

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Bree

Can you get a decent baby/pet gate for your bedroom door? One she cannot get herself stuck in? You would have to consider bar spacing?

Or is the bed in the one room as well? x

How old is your bun? Mine went through this stage for about 6 months, I too thought it was so cute when he lept up on the bed....and then I noticed the wet patches... infact the bed bacame his fave place to pee...every day (and he loved it when I'd put fresh covers on!) I was at the dry cleaners every week with my duvet! I suggest buying waterproof covers for mattress and duvet, Dunelm do good ones that don't make a crinkley noise (it will protect your things)...make the litter try enticing...and spend time down at her level. I think the whole soaf/bed thing (my guy peed and peed all over the sofa and bed to begin with, now he's good as gold jumps on them but never ever pees on them)...is a dominace thing...it will end, hang in there. :)

I had a feeling, haha. My Rex, Seamus, used to do this with the love seat. Thanks for the tip! I'll have a look for some waterproof coverings in the mean-time... thank God for Nature's Miracle!!

Is she neutered? Mine was worse when he wasn't neutered but did get a bit better afterwards as he stopped territory marking but we still have the odd accident.

I've got a spare duvet cover for on top of my proper cover in case he wees or poos - keeps it a bit better! I think beds are just meant to be toilets if you're a bun! :)

She is spayed, and the weeing has slowed down. She doesn't come up on the bed as much anymore, usually just to remind me that she wants some pats or a bit of kale. Everything else has been going well, she is slowly growing her hair back after her groom. It's quite patchy, but I do see growth everywhere so I think my shave was just a bit more uneven than I thought originally :p

2AKfL2wrNW

Back