• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playhouse/housing recommendation

Hi there,

New here!
Moving my bunnies into an outbuilding and am looking to get them a new set up. Budget is very tight as we have just had to move house! I was thinking of getting a playhouse so that if we wanted to, we could move them to being entirely outdoors in the future. I have maximum £150 and no more sadly, hence why I can't afford a decent hutch. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm afraid the budget is restrictive and can't be changed so only after sensible and realistic suggestions to get us by. I believe that if I cannot get anything suitable for this cost then I will sadly have to rehome my bunnies which I desperately do not want. House is rented so they cannot live indoors either.

Please help if you can :(

Haven't got a car to transport anything.. so that's a bit tricky. People generally don't deliver whereas something new obviously would be.

Personally with a £150 budget and factoring in that they're in an outbuilding I'd go for just a run: http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/8ft_x_65ft_run_2ft_high/p1466125_10275402.aspx. It'll give a secure area with a lot more space than a playhouse. If you ever need to move them outside they will obviously need a hutch too, but providing that the outbuilding has all its windows/doors etc just a little cosy place for a bed will be fine. There are various little wooden shelters available which you could pack with hay, or cat/dog beds may work well too.

Back