• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do bonded rabbits always groom each othe

hedgepig

Young Bun
My rabbits are a brother and sister (8 months old) neutered pair that we have got from a rescue. They don't fight and seem happy together but I've never seen them grooming each other . Everything I've read about bonding seems to include big sections on grooming. Should I be concerned? They are outdoor so maybe I just haven't seen the grooming

Last edited:
No, not always, my 2 girls never groomed each other when they were a pair, and they never groomed the boys when they were in a quad either. When the boys groomed them their faces were a bit :shock::lol:

Mine never did :thumb: I suppose different rabbits have different relationships, just like people!

Its one giant lickfest in my garden at times, with the 4 of them in a circle all grooming the next one!!! :lol:

Mine grooms her toy friends, then throws them off her platform daily. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I think it depends on the rabbits really :) One of my pairs groom each other a lot, and another of my pairs groom each other very rarely.... yet they snuggle together and cuddle up so I know they love each other :) My youngest pair, Noodles and Pickle, are a little different. Pickle grooms Noodle a lot, and gets a load of fluffy white lionhead fur in his mouth :lol: but Noodles very rarely grooms him back.

All three pairs are very loved up and have never fought *touch wood* *touch wood* so I don't think grooming is the be all and end all :)

I have three pairs. I've seen Jacquetta groom Lady Katherine but not so much now they're older. Badger & Blueberry never groomed each other & Blueberry only occasionally grooms Slipper. Slipper has never groomed a bunny. I haven't seen Cherry & Blackavar groom each other either, but from watching all my bunnies I know they love each other very much.

Back