• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this litter box big enough?

smudgiebun

Alpha Buck
We have recently dramatically changed the setup for our buns and they now use a litter box on the ground instead of a giant open ferplast cage on a stand.

This is the litter box with a bit of hay in it and one bunny:
IMG_20141011_191524237_zpsee268f54.jpg

And lots of hay and two bunnies:
IMG_20141013_081523494_zpsc952ff4e.jpg

Do you guys think this size is okay? Do you think it would be a good idea to have two litter boxes this size (one for each rabbit)?

They don't seem to be struggling and both will sit in it at the same time, I just think it looks a bit cramped! :?

I think it big enough, but I think another one or bigger tray would mean less mess!

I think it big enough, but I think another one or bigger tray would mean less mess!

You would think that...but I know from experience that isn't the case! :lol:

That litter tray is big enough for them. :) If tey start to dig it out or pee elsewhere then it might be worth putting another in or a larger one. Some buns are picky about where they pee! :lol:

I might put a pad or towel underneath it... :lol: There are quite a few stray poos around it now!

I am actually surprised that so far they have peed INSIDE the litter box! I am a bit shocked:shock:

A little update after doing the first clean out (so much easier) :lol:

They seem to like to eat this way sometimes :

IMG_20141013_205254990_zpse735e495.jpg

Erm... I guess that's ok?! :lol: Have I put too much hay in? :?

Back