• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bell pepper leaves?

Britannia

Warren Scout
This year I've been quite successful growing herbs and veggies for the buns. I've also grown some veg for the humans in the family and for the first time ever (in many years of trying) I've had decent crops of tomatoes and peppers. The buns aren't allowed near because I know they can't have tomatoes/tomato leaves but what about the leaves of the bell peppers? I've read that buns can have the bell peppers but I can't find anything about the leaves - anyone know?

My two certainly love green peppers but I've no idea about how safe the leaves are. I don't think I would risk it - sounds as though you have plenty of stuff you know is fine for them. They would be lovely in my composter! ;)

Bit like tomatoes then?

Exactly like :) Tomatoes and peppers (and aubergines and potatoes) all belong to the same family of plants. It's fine to eat the fruits (or in potatoes case tubas) but the plants themselves are poisonous.

Exactly like :) Tomatoes and peppers (and aubergines and potatoes) all belong to the same family of plants. It's fine to eat the fruits (or in potatoes case tubas) but the plants themselves are poisonous.

Thanks Tamsin :D It's really weird, but good to know!

Out of that lot, mine only eat peppers .. I haven't tried them on the rest.

Has anyone found out if their buns like potatoes (raw??) or aubergines?

I thought they weren't allowed potatoes :shock:

Never tried mine on anything other than peppers :lol:

Thanks Tamsin :D It's really weird, but good to know!

Out of that lot, mine only eat peppers .. I haven't tried them on the rest.

Has anyone found out if their buns like potatoes (raw??) or aubergines?

Sorry I should have been more specific, I meant in general it's fine to eat those - aubergine/potato aren't generally on the bunny diet list as they are cooked first. That said, I had to install a door on our cupboard with the root veg in the back to stop Scamp scaling the bin and taking a side trip to the potato cubby to munch on them. So like yes, good for - not really!

Sorry I should have been more specific, I meant in general it's fine to eat those - aubergine/potato aren't generally on the bunny diet list as they are cooked first. That said, I had to install a door on our cupboard with the root veg in the back to stop Scamp scaling the bin and taking a side trip to the potato cubby to munch on them. So like yes, good for - not really!

:lol::lol:

Back