• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newbie alert!

camerajuan

Warren Scout
Hi all!

Just joined up looking to get more knowledge and advice as a first time owner.

I have a 10 week old grey/white dwarf lop called Phoebe who lives in my living room and loves a snuggle and a few laps of the table.

Nice place you got here!

Last edited:
Aw, Phoebe is gorgeous! What a little cutie. Make the most of it because I think most baby buns grow out of cuddles within a few months, mine certainly had by her 4 month birthday.

This is a great place to get advice about anything rabbit related so you've come to the right place :wave:

Aw, Phoebe is gorgeous! What a little cutie. Make the most of it because I think most baby buns grow out of cuddles within a few months, mine certainly had by her 4 month birthday.

Aw don't be saying that! We'll be crushed! We need that attention, gonna pamper her more often now you've said that, make sure she stays a baby forever!

She loves a cuddle with me on the couch in the morning before I go to work and a cuddle with my girlfriend before bed at night, however she cowers into her elbow crease whenever she thinks its bedtime!

Aw I feel really mean now! Don't get me wrong, mine still loves a fuss, but just when she's laying on the floor. I'm sure Phoebe will be completely different and remain a cuddly bunny forever... 😉

In my experience I find bunnies are born and not made. What you have now will be what you have for life :lol::lol:

Welcome to the Forum :wave:

I was almost late for work this morning. I had her cage open as I always do before myself and my girlfriend head to work and she was just doing her usual, having a munch and lying down afterwards. Then a massive binky happened. She did laps for a few minutes then in a single jump from the floor to my chest she lay down on me, licking my collarbone and went to sleep.

I didn't want to move!

Phoebe is getting her nails cut today and also flystrike sorted out, exciting trip in the box!

Any tips on how to stop her nibbling table legs and skirting boards? I've heard lemon juice helps and I'm dubious that the "Chew Stoppa" spray is anything but a gimmick.

I don't think there is any real way to stop a rabbit chewing. :shock:

They just love to chew. :lol:

Welcome to the forum though. :D

Containing the rabbit in a large pen or their own room or putting lots of puppy panels or those c and c grids rounds the skirting boards and something (?) round the table legs as well. Good luck!

In my experience I find bunnies are born and not made. What you have now will be what you have for life :lol::lol:

Welcome to the Forum :wave:

I agree, the Bunny you get is the one you will grow older with :love:
Just thinking now tho, my buns are growing every day in their trust and love of me...all being well, there is no going back for any of us :D

Last edited:
Back