• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Papaya Plus Tablets

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi

I've bought some Papaya tablets as my rabbits are moulting and i want to try and prevent hair blocking their guts. However, Molly's on metacam and baytril and Gerry on probiotics. Both have supplements too, Molly has joint care and Gerry has digestive care.

Is it ok to give Papaya tablets to them with their medicines and supplements?

I can't think that Papaya tablets would interfere with any medication. However, I personally doubt if a tablet would help prevent hair block. I think giving long strand fibre (i.e. hay) is the only thing to keep hair moving through the gut.

I agree with Mighty Max :D. I''ve had some seriously heavy moults this year but, fortunately, it hasn't affected any of them. They all eat lots of hay.

I have been thinking of getting these tablets - but I agree, a decent high fibre/long strand hay is probably better.

Back