• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What veggies do you feed every day?

AmyKennedy

Young Bun
Hey guys!
So I was just wondering, what veggies do you feed on a day-to-day basis? I've seen a lot of safe food lists, but was mostly posting to see what was most commonly fed, maybe a cheap-ish option, and what your rabbits seem to like most? Also how many different veggies do you guys give per day? Like if you were shopping for a weeks worth of veggies, what would you get? thanks everyone! xx

I feed my bunnies the offcuts of whatever we are having so long as it is bunny safe. Mine love broccoli stalks, cauliflower leaves and stalks, carrot peelings (not too much/too often as high in sugar) celery tips, leaves and bases (you can put the base of celery in a little water and it will re grow leaves too :thumb:) I have given them the ends of courgette, and chopped up skin of banana. We eat a lot of fruit and veg and seeing as there are 4 of us there's always plenty for the bunnies, but if I need to supplement it I give them dandelion leaves/flowers from the garden, hawthorn, bramble leaves, and rosemary trimmed from my garden.

So technically they don't cost me anything extra for their veg :thumb:

I give them mostly forage and herbs I grow - willow, plantain, hawthorn, dandelions, mallow, mint, oregano, sage. If I buy veg for them it's usually spring greens-type leaf, the odd bit of carrot, basil, peppers.

My two get a lot of scraps from veggies I've had for tea too. They have their own celery most weeks because they like it, it only costs about 50p at Aldi and it lasts well in the fridge compared to some things. Other than that I try to swap round the other things they have. We share bags of salad too (ones with rocket, spinach, watercress, chard etc not ones with lettuce). I try to do 3 different things a day but sometimes they have more or less depending on what I've got in. They don't have a favourite and will eat basically anything apart from courgette and asparagus!

Last edited:
They normally just get one thing each day
Used to often be spring greens but then found they were quite calcium-y so now they mostly get cauliflower, parsley, coriander or mint
They're quite fussy and ignore a lot of things eg pepper

I have moved away from veg on to grass/herbs/forage.

They do sometimes have celery, spring greens and peppers but like pellets and grass best of all.

Mine mostly get hay, grass and forage but do also get a small amount of veg each day mostly leafy greens but I like them to try new things each week so I aim for three or four types. Once they are fully mature i will probably cut this right down/out in summer when there's loads of forage around.

thanks for all the replies guys, it was really interesting, and i guess im gonna have to start growing some herbs hehe xx :D

Back