• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forage identification help please

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
My neighbour has a pretty over grown garden and has said if i want anything for the bunnies to help myself. They have no pets and don't use any weed killers or anything. Basically they take no care of the garden at all.

Are either of these plants suitable for bunnies

The ones growing up are really sticky

10294338_10152518880275774_8981477005276158357_n_zps3f23f7fb.jpg

Also these have no idea what the are they have little pink flowers on them.

10367190_10152518880335774_5202046943573307401_n_zps09dacfe4.jpg

The top one is sticky weed or cleavers, that's bunny safe, so long as it's not been sprayed with chemicals. mine love it. Not sure on the second :oops:

Second pic is herb Robert which is a form of geranium so a no for buns, they'll like the cleavers though.

Thank you. There is loads there so should keep them going for a while.

Really need to learn more about forage as they are pretty limited to plantin, danilion and brambles at the moment.

Second pic is herb Robert which is a form of geranium so a no for buns, they'll like the cleavers though.

I feed mine Herb Robert, they love it! It was one of the ones that Twigs showed us as being bunny safe at the RWA conference last year :D This and wild geranium are both fine to feed - my understanding is that it's only the cultivated geranium which is a no-no. The leaves on that photo don't look like the Herb Robert I'm used to though, which has more 'ferny' type leaves...don't know if different varieties have different types of leaves.

Last edited:
both of those are safe. i feed them both when i can find them. same as anything else though- don't give a lot at first as if you go from none to lots in one fell swoop you will likely end up with a bad tum. build up slowly-and don't feed more then can be eaten in an hour as fermenting wilted forage is no good regardless of what it is.

I feed mine Herb Robert, they love it! It was one of the ones that Twigs showed us as being bunny safe at the RWA conference last year :D This and wild geranium are both fine to feed - my understanding is that it's only the cultivated geranium which is a no-no. The leaves on that photo don't look like the Herb Robert I'm used to though, which has more 'ferny' type leaves...don't know if different varieties have different types of leaves.

I've learnt something new then :thumb:

Back