• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snack Box for the Vets - Help!

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Hi guys,

So Neo is being neutered tomorrow and I am part way through making a snack box for him post op.

Currently contains - Timothy Hay, Excel Forage, Carrotys and some Science Select pellets.

I want to also include some tiny bits of carrot and some parsley and basil leaves as he loves these, just in case he isn't eating anything else.

Should I only include the carrot and leaves in the morning, or will they last out of the fridge/ off the plant tonight and until he gets to eat them in the afternoon tomorrow?

I'm planning on putting some hay in his carrier and attaching his water bottle to it just in case they are busy and he is left in the carrier at any point during the day. The only thing that worries me is any of the hay getting into his wound once they put him back in. Opinions?

The base of the carrier has carpet in, I assume this will be ok for him after his op?

I am only worried as I haven't met the vet and I will be dropping him off early, at 9 and could potentially pick him up as late as 4pm, so if he spends any time in his carrier I need to know he is getting water and food.

Thanks all.

I think that all sounds fine. His favourite things to tempt him.

I remember when I had my Charlie done (he's just 5, so it was a while ago!), he didn't eat properly for a couple of days after and had to have emeprid, etc.. I also remember that his wound was verrrrrry small! Good luck to your bun x:love:

I think that all sounds fine. His favourite things to tempt him.

I remember when I had my Charlie done (he's just 5, so it was a while ago!), he didn't eat properly for a couple of days after and had to have emeprid, etc.. I also remember that his wound was verrrrrry small! Good luck to your bun x:love:

Thank you :)
Does it make any difference whether the leaves are left in a tub overnight or is it better that they are fresh?

Sounds like you've thought of everything for his picnic :thumb: hope that his neuter goes well and he recovers quickly :thumb:

Sounds like you're well prepared! When my boy had stasis the one thing that finally got him eating was dandelions. Just an idea if he does need some extra tempting :)

How did it go?:wave:

It went fine thanks, he's been eating and pooing so I'm not too worried about falling asleep now!

Sounds like you're well prepared! When my boy had stasis the one thing that finally got him eating was dandelions. Just an idea if he does need some extra tempting :)

that's a great idea, I fed him some basil and parsley and it got him eating straight away, he seems to love the stuff luckily!

It went fine thanks, he's been eating and pooing so I'm not too worried about falling asleep now!

that's a great idea, I fed him some basil and parsley and it got him eating straight away, he seems to love the stuff luckily!

Great news :)

Back