• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging litter tray

GrunBunMum

Warren Scout
Hi. Any help or advise please. Our Florrie has decided her fav pass time is digging up her litter tray. We are coming home and waking up to a real mess. Literally everywhere. She never used to be like this and we have had her 5 year.She has a husbun. We do have other rabbits in another room which is sealed off by a meter of no man land and they can't see each other but can hear. We had Walter in there for years but just got him a wife who's been with us since Christmas. Florrie has only just started her naughtiness in past couple of weeks tho. She is also weeing just outside her tray. My hubby is not a hoppy bunny and we are having to scrub the carpets every day :(

Do you have sheets of newspaper in the bottom of the litter tray? I find that if I put sheets of newspaper rather than shredded, Lola tends to want to dig it up and shred it. If this isn't the case, I'm sure someone else will have a better idea :wave:

Also, what are you using as a litter tray? Maybe try a 32ltr storage box instead (if you aren't already) and it may contain more of the mess if your bun still digs :wave:

A litter tray and bottom of a pet carrier. We was using newspaper in bottom, stopped now and seems to have worked. Fingers crossed :)

Back