• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welfare hutch new pipe connectors etc

Wow those look really good. Can they be used just as tunnels? I don't need anything connecting, but I'd like some new strong tunnels for inside the bunnies shed.

ETA: Nevermind, they won't deliver to me :(

I don't know if they are much cheaper than runaround?

Blatant rip off though, I wouldn't be surprised if runaround have something to say about it

I don't know if they are much cheaper than runaround?

Blatant rip off though, I wouldn't be surprised if runaround have something to say about it

It is cheaper than runaround i have a runaround connection kit with 8ft of pipe and it cost me £65. The welfare hutch one would be £42 :evil:. But i do think runaround are going to go nuts when they find out. Although I think it will be good for them to have some competition in the market.

It is cheaper than runaround i have a runaround connection kit with 8ft of pipe and it cost me £65. The welfare hutch one would be £42 :evil:. But i do think runaround are going to go nuts when they find out. Although I think it will be good for them to have some competition in the market.

Oh okay. It's probably cos I got most of my runaround at a show so it was cheaper. I think I'll stick with runaround as they look sturdier and prettier and won't rot etc

Welfare Hutch Company = Rabbit Welfare Comes First

Having seen these for myself (I saw some prototypes a couple of weeks ago) and having a bought a runaround connection kit earlier in the summer, these Welfare Hutches ones are a lot, lot better - both in the strength with which the pipe connects and the ease of use. I also think its nice that they can be painted to match your own hutch and run colours and that they are far more affordable.

Whilst it has some similarity to the runaround, in that its the same concept of pipes and tunnels to create a more natural and fulfilling life for rabbits and it uses the same single skin, perforated, corrugated, drainage pipe (which if you brought it for its intended use comes in a minimum of 50meter lengths), it is however very different in the way the pipes connect. This different way of connecting the pipes makes his kits not only easier to use but, in my opinion (from comparing my runaround kit to his prototypes) a 100x more secure at the point of connection. Also because of the pipe used, it is compatible with runaround, so you can use it to extend your existing runaround kits. However his designs have in my opinion far exceeded the standard of runaround and the added competition to the market will hopefully result in runaround improving their products and prices too, which can only be a good thing.

Also with Welfare Hutches products being cheaper, it means more people will be able to afford it and so more rabbits will benefit from the improved quality of life it can bring - which surely can only be a good thing.

The man at welfare hutches is very passionate about improving the welfare of rabbits, which is why he has done this (and is working on additions to the range) and why he sells high quality, properly sized hutches (nothing below 6ftx2ftx2ft) and runs (smallest is 39sq ft - 7sq ft bigger than RWAF's minimum) at very good prices.

It's probably about time there was a little competition as one company having a monopoly on a market doesn't sit well with me.
That said The buns love their runaround kit and it leads into a welfare hutches run so I'm a fan of both companies and see no reason why they can't both sell similar products.

Back