• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

English Lop housing advice

Hi, I am new to the forum and would like some advice if possible.

I have kept small rabbits in the past and am now looking at getting a larger rabbit in particular the English Lop.
What I would like to know is what would you say is a suitable size hutch. Due to indoor cats and a fussy mum, this will be an outdoor hutch (but will obviously be protected from the wind, rain, heat, foxes etc).
This is the hutch I have seen and like the look of I need you guys to approve or disapprove it and if possible put links up to suitable hutches that I could consider buying.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281107697215?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Thanks guys :wave:

Hello

Unfortunately the hutch is far too small. In my opinion a shed with a permanently attached secure run would be the minimum for an EL or any large breed

Something like this

Ok thanks. Im definitely in no position to have a garden shed in the garden so that cant happen lol. So if I was to get a 6ftx2ftx2ft with attatched run what are the larger species I could have.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but that size hutch really isn't big enough for ANY larger breed. It's the absolute minimum for small/medium size rabbits, with an 8 by 4 attached run

Eta: I suppose if the 6ft hutch was enclosed within a large weatherproofed aviary, it might be ok. Still not giving them much inside room considering their size though

Back