• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The hutch is goiing in the bin!!!

moi

Mama Doe
And Benji will have to live in a puppy pen in the shed until I have got his hutch and run bought. The hutch we have at the moment I physically cannot get to his wee corner. And I cant get a litter tray there because of the ramp. Ive done my best and got as mych as I can, and have popped lots of newspaper down (well, threw it in the corner as I cant reach). xx

Will he have the run of the shed? Puppy pens aren't really big enough in isolation. Could you get someone to help you clean it or use a mop to get into the hard to reach bits? If only there were self cleaning buns! ;)

I cant get the mop into the corner as it don't bend, and if I cant do it I cant see how anyone else could :) I even tried chucking a bowl of water and watering can into the corner but its still smelly
Its only temporary until I get his new hutch and run, but the puppy pen is larger than the hutch he is in currently. I took him on for a friend of my Sisters and its all been a bit last minute. x

Can you not just take the roof off the hutch then reattach it with hinges so you can lift it off?

Sounds like a sensible idea if the puppy pen is larger than his current setup. Like you probably are, I'd definitely be worried about flies with it being warm atm. When are your new hutch and run coming? I bet you're excited!

I'm ordering it next month, but I want to save it until I have found him a friend so that its new for both of them.

The hutch was a single hutch, and the people who owned him before built a bottom level. This is where the wee is, but the door is so tiny you'd have to be anorixic to get in it, and my arms can't reach.

He's being de plummed on wednday as he looks so sad on his own :( x

I'm ordering it next month, but I want to save it until I have found him a friend so that its new for both of them.

The hutch was a single hutch, and the people who owned him before built a bottom level. This is where the wee is, but the door is so tiny you'd have to be anorixic to get in it, and my arms can't reach.

He's being de plummed on wednday as he looks so sad on his own :( x

Oh bless him :( He'll love a friend :love: It's great you're getting him neutered and a friend, and bigger accommodation :love: It's just such a shame finances get in the way! Is there anyone you can borrow the money off for the setup and you can pay them back at the rate you'd be saving the money?

Oh bless him :( He'll love a friend :love: It's great you're getting him neutered and a friend, and bigger accommodation :love: It's just such a shame finances get in the way! Is there anyone you can borrow the money off for the setup and you can pay them back at the rate you'd be saving the money?

I did think about that, but I have real issues with borrowing money. Ive only ever done it once about 10 years ago and felt dreadful:shock:

Back