• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you get?

Fordinand

Warren Scout
This...

image_zps413e009a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Or this...

c575e8c6-436c-4815-b882-7d9d7be36584_zps4fc2b771.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was thinking because my rabbits still need to bond but I want them outside the bottom might be a good idea as I could just block one part off and have them living separately. The top one, I just like the look better and it's cheaper and I need to vaccinate my other rabbit before he goes out which isn't cheap which is why the top one appeals to me more haha

I'm just not sure what to get so I want an opinion.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can't see the top one, but the bottom isn't very wide and the hutch area is only like 4ft, it's also just £30 less than a 6x2x2 hutch and attached 6x4 run from happy hutch.

Neither. Both are way too small. You need a 6 x 2 x 2 hutch and a 6 x 4 (or 8 x 4) run MINIMUM. Both of those don't offer enough bedroom space for bad weather, and are too small in every way. For not much more you can get this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350758325427?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649.

The RWAF guidelines used to be a 6 x 4 run and it's only recently changed to 8 x 4. It would be ideal if you could save up some money and attach another run of preferably 8 x 4 foot, then it'd be a bunny mansion!

All you need to do to the above hutch/run combo is to put some lino on the hutch floor to protect it ideally, then some tarpaulin or clear sheeting to go over the run to stop the rain getting in. Or a shower curtain laid over the top, held down with bricks. Or anything really that'll keep the rain out! Then that hutch/run combo should last you easily 5+ years as long as you cuprinol it every year or two.

Seems like the eBay link and happyhutch are the same company :shock:

6 x 2 x 2 + 6 x 4 run from happyhutch:

Sykes: £164 - http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/rabbit-hutch-and-run-combinations/70

Then at a later date (or now, preferably!) you could add this to extend it to a really great size: http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/rabbit-hutch-and-run-combinations/99

EDIT: I'm not sure what your money situation is like, but personally when thinking about the fact that you mentioned you wanted two set ups in your other post, I'd get a double 6 x 2 x 2 hutch. Then I'd either get two separate 6 x 4 (or larger, 8 x 4 would be ideal) runs - one for each bunny. Ideally connected 24/7, you may need a runaround tube or similar to connect the top hutch to a run. Then when bonded, you can open the hutch up so they both have access to it all, and connect their runs on as one large setup. You can either join the runs together to get one large area, or use the runaround tube from before to have it so it's hutch+run, then runaround tube to their second run.

Last edited:
Back