• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Project Shed - Pickle, Pixie, Flopsy & Lily's shed.

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
It's time for the shed to have a well needed spruce up so I thought I'd make a thread and show the journey in steps so you can all see the progress.

What needs doing:

• Painting the outside of the shed - cuprinol seagrass

• Painting the door and overhang - country cream

• Joining the runs/ (maybe) making into a large aviary

• Repaint the inside of the shed

• Open the shed divide up so its all one shed - If the bunnies bond

• Replace Lino with wood effect lino

• Add multiple levels inside

The bunnies are going on a holiday to Rhianna Soon and hopefully they will bond as a quad and will have the whole shed setup to share together, they will really benefit being bonded as they will have so much more space and it will make things easier for me too - but of course if things do not work out it will not be the end of the world. The shed still needs a good spruce up either way! :lol:

Anyway I will be hopefully uploading pictures and updating this thread as things change, I have done quite a bit of painting to the outside today ( The back, The side by the hedge and the front) I won't be doing the runs or the other side until the bunnies go off for bonding as It is just not possible.

Here are the photo's I took yesterday before I started, I managed to do 1 coat on the back of the shed yesterday evening and did the rest today (25-06-2013).

935257_587232584654383_165896192_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1016849_587232857987689_2104094883_n.jpg[/IMG]

Here is the paint I am using at the moment:
995685_587233157987659_1438203072_n.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the progress today

Here is the progress of the shed renovation so far.

Did the first coat on the back yesterday and have done the final 2 coats on it today and I am really pleased with the progress:
1044088_587255997985375_740337720_n.jpg

1011385_587233491320959_60515514_n.jpg

Also started on the side by the hedge, Had to clear out a load of mess first. Managed to do 2 coats on it so far:
998999_587233537987621_663622490_n.jpg

Have also started on the front, 2 coats so far:
1000549_587233307987644_1643618512_n.jpg

1005040_587233444654297_1531636769_n.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky bunnies. I love that colour too. My set ups are very tatty as you will see when you bring the quad over.

Now Frangipan and Faye are outside and seem OK together I'll look in my diary and try and work out when to start bonding your four. Do you want me to meet you halfway or will you bring them here? I am happy either way. Does it have to be a weekend? I imagine so as your Mum or Dad will be driving. I have a job interview on Thursday so need to wait until after that as if I am lucky enough to be offered the post I think they want someone to start straight away and it is shift work again - but only part-time.

Woohoo!!!! bonding a quad!! The best of luck and hundreds of bonding vibes.... They will be a gorgeous quad...

Best of luck then!

Fee x

Lucky bunnies. I love that colour too. My set ups are very tatty as you will see when you bring the quad over.

Now Frangipan and Faye are outside and seem OK together I'll look in my diary and try and work out when to start bonding your four. Do you want me to meet you halfway or will you bring them here? I am happy either way. Does it have to be a weekend? I imagine so as your Mum or Dad will be driving. I have a job interview on Thursday so need to wait until after that as if I am lucky enough to be offered the post I think they want someone to start straight away and it is shift work again - but only part-time.

We will bring them to you if that is okay as I will bringing most of their stuff and some forage so we can carry it in for you to save you hurting your back. I will bring their playpen panels if you like - Mine are 3ft high, Pixie can jump up to 3ft so she might be able to jump your pen, How many panels shall I bring as I have 12 but I guess 12 won't be needed as they will need to bond in a small space. I will also bring some 32L litter trays , litter, hay and pellets and whatnot. If you don't want me to bring too much let me know - I don't want to take up your house with a load of rabbit supplies!:lol:

Spoke to my mum briefly and she is a bit busy this week as she does work 5 days a week but on some days can swap and change, This weekend we have the village fate so don't think that is an option unfortunately but I will let you know when we can do, It might be easier if we know when you are free then we can go from there?

It would be good to speak on the phone if possible, might be easier to arrange a day and then we can discuss whether we put the bunnies together on the car journey and other things ect? :wave:

Looks great! I love your choice of colours, in fact I have the exact same colour scheme for my shed! :thumb:

Looks great! I love your choice of colours, in fact I have the exact same colour scheme for my shed! :thumb:

Thanks , I have to go over the door though as it was done with the wilkinson shades buttermilk in march, I find the Wilkos stuff fades and it just stinks!

I will get the country cream I think :)

We will bring them to you if that is okay as I will bringing most of their stuff and some forage so we can carry it in for you to save you hurting your back. I will bring their playpen panels if you like - Mine are 3ft high, Pixie can jump up to 3ft so she might be able to jump your pen, How many panels shall I bring as I have 12 but I guess 12 won't be needed as they will need to bond in a small space. I will also bring some 32L litter trays , litter, hay and pellets and whatnot. If you don't want me to bring too much let me know - I don't want to take up your house with a load of rabbit supplies!:lol:

Spoke to my mum briefly and she is a bit busy this week as she does work 5 days a week but on some days can swap and change, This weekend we have the village fate so don't think that is an option unfortunately but I will let you know when we can do, It might be easier if we know when you are free then we can go from there?

It would be good to speak on the phone if possible, might be easier to arrange a day and then we can discuss whether we put the bunnies together on the car journey and other things ect? :wave:

Once I've had my interview on Thursday and I know if I've got the job I will be able to work out when I am home for at least two full consecutive days. There is two weeks full time training to start with but I don't know if that will be before the CRB check is done or after.

Everything the buns are using needs to be neutral so if they have used the litter tray and pen before they will need to be neutralised. It's fine to bring their usual food and hay but I'll use my own bowls etc, although I often scatter feed when I am bonding as it distracts humping buns:)

I'll PM you my mobile number after Thursday. (I don't have a landline).

Once I've had my interview on Thursday and I know if I've got the job I will be able to work out when I am home for at least two full consecutive days. There is two weeks full time training to start with but I don't know if that will be before the CRB check is done or after.

Everything the buns are using needs to be neutral so if they have used the litter tray and pen before they will need to be neutralised. It's fine to bring their usual food and hay but I'll use my own bowls etc, although I often scatter feed when I am bonding as it distracts humping buns:)

I'll PM you my mobile number after Thursday. (I don't have a landline).

Ok sounds like a good plan to me, Good luck with your interview! I hope it goes well and you get the job :)

Oh yes I will buy a new tray or will disinfectant the ones I have now and vinegar them so they have no familiar smells, My lots don't get many pellets as Pickle, Pixie & Lily are really good hay eaters and Pickle & Pixie are on a mainly hay diet with just a table spoon of pellets however Flopsy does not eat hay due to his dental disease so he does have to have a larger amount of pellets separate to the other buns as he needs the extra fibre and such. He will occasionally nibble a strand or two but unfortunately because of his nasty root pain he does not eat hay as he should. I'm not sure how that would work through bonding as they may get a bit territorial if flopsy is removed but I am sure it would not hurt just to feed flopsy with the others just whilst they are being bonded.

I will bring all of flopsy's meds and write down the dosages and whatnot , He has metacam twice a day and then half a fortekor tablet ounce a day which I grind with 2 spoons then mix with Ella's kitchen baby fruit puree and then put into a syringe (this bit is quite tricky :lol:) then he will happily take both freely without having to be forced, he loves medicine time. I will bring lots of sachets of Ella's kitchen with me.

I am hoping Flopsy will be OK in unfamiliar surroundings I am sure he will but it is a worry, He seems to be OK at the moment though regards to his dental disease and Kidney disease so I can't see there being an issue.

I was just wondering how much roughly would you like for the bonding? - Just so I can get money together and put it by :)

I could always pay you with a couple of bags of hayforpets hay if that is preferred, but I can also understand if you rather have the money :)

I will bring goodies and forage anyway :thumb:

I did all 3 coats on the side and front yesterday, unfortunately it's been raining today so couldn't do any painting otherwise I'd be touching up bits. Hopefully it'll be a nice sunny day tomorrow and I can do some painting.

I won't be starting on the other side or the runs until the bunnies go to bonding.

Will keep this updated :).

I have that same colour for my ferret shed! I love it! I wish I could have a huge shed like yours for my buns. Bonding vibes being sent your way! :)

Back