• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many litter trays do you use?

One inside a dog crate, in our hallway, which is never locked.

He is a very clean boy and only needs one.

Outdoor buns have one between the two of them, inside their base, inside a large shed.

2 32L storage boxes for Donny and Lola, one 32L storage box for Poppy, 2 for Charlie which are the base of a hooded cat litter tray and a small one and currently 1 medium dog bed for Kerbie and Leo.

Aside from a few hay racks they are the main source of hay so that's why they have more than one :lol:

Two, both filled with hay.

One for Louie to toilet in and the other for the cat to sleep in :roll:

Two, a big carrier base on the far left and a little corner tray in the far right in the bedroom area

A+R have one corner one in their hutch, their bedroom is also a litter tray as it discourages them from using it as a toilet if there is litter down (strange but it works) and they have a potting tray which they normally poo in, so that also is used as a litter tray. then they have their underbed storage crate (I think 32l) for their proper litter tray and they use it as their main.

Dee just has one corner one, she's very clean. it's on a tray and she also uses the tray itself for the odd poo but it is mainly the corner one.

4 for A+R, 1 for Dee.

I have three litter boxes in Toshi and Paige's x-pen. In Joshua's room I have no 'litter boxes' just big boxes of hay ;)

One, and I'm rather smug to say he's never had a single accident, he's never even got a single poop on the floor :lol::D *proud bunny mum*

Apricot and Ginger my 2 girls decided they needed 3 litter trays :roll: downstairs in their hutch is one main tray where their hay rack is, one other one downstairs at the other end near the runaround pipe and one upstairs in the bedroom area. Since they were spayed a few weeks ago they are definitely using main one a lot more though, and the other 2 a lot less

Dandy and Beano my neutered boys have 2, but they hardly ever use the upstairs one, and only for poos....:D

All mine have one litter tray each (underbed storage boxes of 62 litres). They do still poo outside them a bit but all wees are in the trays. Filled with finocard, newspaper, hay.

Belle and Bramble have a medium size dog bed with a hay bar over. This suits them and they love it.

Brownie and Buster have a medium size dog bed and a hay bar from manor pets. They have two because Brownie loves to sleep in them and poor Buster can't get anywhere near when he's sleeping.

How??? :shock::shock:

:lol:

Alfie, one of my buns is like that. I can't take any credit though, he's been like that since I got him. I've even seen him run to the litter tray to use it... :lol:

Ours have one 'official' litter tray each, but poop (and presumably wee) in their digging boxes and on any hay that is anywhere else. Also on their blankets/beds, which is a bit annoying, but they go in the washing machine easily enough.

We too, have poops everywhere.

How??? :shock::shock:

Well, it was like this.

We got him, we took him home, and he litter trained himself.

Even though he eats hay on his blanket, he hops back in to poo, then hops out again to eat.

I can't tell you what we did, he's not even neutered (vet says she wouldn't recommend with his problems.) He's just a very clean animal. Guess we were lucky in that respect! (Unlucky with his health though, he can't help that, so we love him just as he is :love::love:)

Well they have a shed and a run. They have 2 large underbed storage boxes in their shed, and one the same size but with a lid in their run. So I guess 3?

Back