• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Impending Rabbits! U/D They're here!

aatkin

Warren Scout
Hello all,

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for their help in answering some questions I've posted and to introduce myself. We are in the process of adopting two house rabbits from a local RSPCA. We've got most everything set up and rabbit-proofed (just finishing up the living room this week); we're just waiting for the all important puppy-pen to arrive so we can have our house check! We're going away for a weekend soon, so we hope to bring our new bunnies home after that (assuming we pass our house check) so that we can get them all settled in and then get to know them properly!

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm sure I'll have more questions once the buns arrive and so I'm glad everyone is so friendly and welcoming to newbies!

Oooh, house check on Thursday evening. Will love be in the air for our future bunnies? :love:

Good luck! :thumb: Feel free to ask anything here before then! But don't worry too much. Even if you don't 'pass', I am sure they will be happy to reassess if you do need to make any changes (which I am sure you won't).

Welcome :wave:. RU is a great place for all things 'rabbit'. Looking forward to seeing photos of your new furbabies when they arrive.

Thanks! I told them I had everything set up, in so much as that they can come in and tell me where I'm actually best placed to put things for the best of the bunnies! :D

We passed! Yay! We'll hopefully be able to pick up our bunnies real soon - maybe within a week!

I'm now just waiting to hear from the family fostering our bunnies about when we can go to pick them up! I certainly hope they like the space we have set up for them. I keep wondering if it will all be to their liking, but I know that I can change things once they are settled and we find out what they like and what they don't like! :D

They're here! They (understandably) didn't enjoy the journey too much, but they are now settling in to their new home. I'm sure it'll be an adjustment for us all and that we'll go through lots of changing things around over the next few days/weeks. But yay! Welcome to Peabody and Emerson!

They're here! They (understandably) didn't enjoy the journey too much, but they are now settling in to their new home. I'm sure it'll be an adjustment for us all and that we'll go through lots of changing things around over the next few days/weeks. But yay! Welcome to Peabody and Emerson!

Welcome Peabody and Emerson. Tell your mummy to take some pictures. :D

Everybody, I'm very pleased to introduce you to Peabody (lionhead) and Emerson (up-eared).

IMG_5703_zps0abe7b66.jpg

IMG_5705_zpsa0899404.jpg

IMG_5710_zps961a0515.jpg

IMG_5713_zpsdc10e6d0.jpg

If I've sussed this picture-in-post thing out I'll add some photos of their space in the housing thread!

Last edited:
Back