• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Discovered a New Treat!

Unfortunately all rabbits are susceptible to bloat and it is unknown which ones will get it and which ones will never suffer. Trying to minimise risk by keeping on a more natural diet which is high in fibre and lower in carbs and sugars will help.

Some people can manage to get away with feeding all the 'wrong' things to a rabbit without any problem but others cannot do this.

Feeding rabbits is about getting a good balance to minimise risks and maintaining a good consistent diet without making too many changes.

Yeah, poor Big was really ill. But now he has some pellets, fresh greens and hay hay hay :) (and occasionally a beetroot treat) He's also a lot easier to catch when he's eating something he shouldn't be (He once stole a Chinese pancake - it had nothing on it, it was about to be loaded - off my friends plate. My friend looked everywhere for before he saw Big nibbling it. Then he took it off Big and Big looked everywhere for it!!! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!)

Little on the other hand get a few naughty treats, like the corners of plain crackers sometimes. Nothing seems to phase her, not even eating an entire length of headphone wires and most of a skirting board!

Back