• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple tree leaves?

xlaurax

Mama Doe
Can buns have these? I've got a big branch from my mother in law's apple tree and scrubbed off all the moss. Can they have the leaves? There were loads so be a shame to throw away if they're good nomnom!

Harvest as much apple leaves/ branches and twigs as you can! Ir dries wonderfully...I usually dry loads and store in cardboard boxes in my loft for winter forage...great to add to hay even when dried for a something interesting to eat.

I limit mine when fresh...only cause my one bun gets an upset tummy...but depends how oyur buns re-act...if poops fine and they eating good formed ceacals..then any amount is fine. I find when dried I can give unlimited as its not so rish for them.

The branches are GREAT for them to gnaw and keeps their teeth down...

above applies to willow too...;) but dont give unlimited...if they tend to eat loads of willow it can be a sign of pain...willow has a natural pain killer in it...but again...leabes, branches all fine;)

Harvest as much apple leaves/ branches and twigs as you can! Ir dries wonderfully...I usually dry loads and store in cardboard boxes in my loft for winter forage...great to add to hay even when dried for a something interesting to eat.

I limit mine when fresh...only cause my one bun gets an upset tummy...but depends how oyur buns re-act...if poops fine and they eating good formed ceacals..then any amount is fine. I find when dried I can give unlimited as its not so rish for them.

The branches are GREAT for them to gnaw and keeps their teeth down...

above applies to willow too...;) but dont give unlimited...if they tend to eat loads of willow it can be a sign of pain...willow has a natural pain killer in it...but again...leabes, branches all fine;)

Great thank you!! :wave: the leaves were nommed up instantly but the branch remains untouched. I think it's cos I haven't put it in the hutch yet, just outside during playtime when there's obviously too much exciting stuff to do :roll: thinking of putting it in the hutch tomorrow :D

sounds great and yeah youre prob right...who wants to nibble and gnaw branches when its FREE range time!:lol::love:

If ive got branches of apple/ willow or hawthorn I leave them in until I replace them with fresh ones...:p

My two can strip a large branch, leaves, bark and all in about 2 hours they love it! Luckily my Nan has an orchard full of apple trees. Hadn't thought of drying them, super idea!

Back