• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My beautiful Fizzgig

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
DSC00149200x134.jpg

I always said Fizzgig was me, in bunny form. She came to me at only 4 weeks old as the mum had another nest and the older babies had to go. Her and her sister were absolutely ickle. The tiniest bits of fluf you could imagine. Her sister, Eiffuns, was a bunny sort of bunny. More of a "leave me alone and I will leave you alone" attitude. She was lovely but a reserved bunny.

Fizzgig was different. Her beautiful manes made me give her the nickname Lionness. She would stand on the edge of the sofa overseeing her kingdom with her head held up in a regal sort of way. She was really caring, always licking the other bunnies however she could be a real bee-hive! Especially when it came to food, she'd come racing out of her box, blaring her head off and nipping at the others to get there first. Just writing about it still makes me smile.

She would come when I called her name as she knew she would get a sweety. She would sit in my lap and all a sudden pounce up and bite my chin, hard! For no reason, just got annoyed I suppose. Although I had 10 bunnies at the time, she was and always will be my girl.

She died in my arms in 2004 after a stupid and preventable accident. Always the curious one she had climbed on top of the box we always had in the cage. Now I dont know if the top lid was fully open or just not locked properly but she put her head through the gap and couldnt pull it back, in her panick kicking the box underneath her....

That is how I found her in the morning. Amazingly she was still alive and the subsequent shock is was sadly killed her.
The vet gave her adrenaline but to no avail and 2 hours after I found her, she was gone.

8 years later and my arms still feel empty. Her ashes are in a prominent spot in the livingroom, overlooking the garden and they have moved with me from house to house and even to a whole different country.

She was amazing and hilarious and her stories still make me laugh.
The hole has been filled a bit a couple of weeks ago when I found the male look-alike of Fizzgig and I knew I didnt want any other bunny but him.
And that is how Moses came into my life. My beautiful boy.

And although he isn't her and he has his own personality, it does feel like I got my girl back, just a little bit.

Back